Old December 20th 03, 08:44 AM
Rob R.

Default Terrible Reception Pacific Northwest

Anybody else experiencing absolutely awful reception conditions the past
couple nights? I'm in Oregon and stations I normally pick up loud and clear
I can barely hear or not hear at all. Just a lot of white noise on all the
bands...especially at 0200-0400 hours, when reception should be the best.
I'm using two radios (Sony 2010 and Sony 7600GR) and get the same results
with either. I live near several huge TV/radio towers and wonder if they've
done something to start affecting my shortwave signals...first time its
happened. Thanks for any input...
Rob R

Old December 20th 03, 01:47 PM
Diverd4777

YEP! after ~8:30 everything shut down...

Old December 20th 03, 03:26 PM
Burr

YUP,
Down south in the Ridgecrest/China Lake California also.

(CAN'T HERE "NOTHING")...

Burr

Old December 21st 03, 01:21 AM
Bob

Reception has been crappy lately up here in British Columbia. It
hasn't been up to much for quite a few months with the exception of
the odd decent day.
Bob

Old December 21st 03, 01:24 AM
RHF

FW,

Everyone has the Blame Someone; and even some times Themselves )

Everyone has to Believe in Something . . .

= I Believe I will take the "MEDs" Everyone Says I Forgot to Take )

* Fresh Air !

* Clean Water !

* Natural Whole Foods !

* Classical Music playing softly in the background !

bbgwtsgl ~ RHF
= = = Blessed By God With The Simple Good Life !
..
..
= = = (Frank White)
= = = wrote in message ...
In article .net,
says...

Anybody else experiencing absolutely awful reception conditions the past
couple nights? I'm in Oregon and stations I normally pick up loud and

clear
I can barely hear or not hear at all. Just a lot of white noise on all

the
bands...especially at 0200-0400 hours, when reception should be the

best.
I'm using two radios (Sony 2010 and Sony 7600GR) and get the same

results
with either. I live near several huge TV/radio towers and wonder if

they've
done something to start affecting my shortwave signals...first time its
happened. Thanks for any input...
Rob R

Me, too.

I blame John Ashcroft.

I don't think he's responsible, I just blame John Ashcroft. ^_^

FW

..
Old December 21st 03, 02:22 AM
CrewL

Yeah, things have been quieter in New Zealand than usual. It's summer here
and we can usually here tons of US and South American and Australian CB DX.
But only on the odd day lately.

Maybe the ionosphere has been discontinued, due to lack of funding?

C.

link.net...