Old December 27th 03, 11:37 AM
Richard Davies

Default another newbie

Had a Sony 7600GR for xmas (yesyes)
And just found this group (yesyes)
Steep learning curve, right now, but loving it
Sorting out best times for different regions, etc
Wish me luck
RichardD
S. Devon, UK

Old December 27th 03, 01:27 PM
Diverd4777

Richard Welcome !!

7600GR is a great set;
an external antenna will help lots with fainter stations;
check out this link below

http://www.hard-core-dx.com/nordicdx/antenna/

Dan

Old December 27th 03, 02:59 PM
Richard Davies

Thanks, Dan

I'm filing that antenna page link, for future ref.
Seeing what I can do with the extendable whip first. (IYSWIM)
Lots of bells and trinkets on this Sony. Taking me a while to get my head
around it

And thanks, FW

Is the "Passport to World Band Radio" a US publication?

This is quite a NG - an Alladin's cave of useful info.
Having to divide my time between the radio and my iMac...

RichardD
S.Devon
Sony 7600GR

Old December 27th 03, 03:54 PM
Richard Davies

OK folks
I've found the Passport book on Google
Talk to you later
RichardD
S.Devon
Sony SW7600GR

Old December 27th 03, 06:03 PM
The Axelrods

Richard Davies wrote:

OK folks
I've found the Passport book on Google
Talk to you later
RichardD
S.Devon
Sony SW7600GR

Try the AMANDX site below. Simple articles for the new listener that
might help out

--
73 and Best of DX
Shawn Axelrod

Visit the AMANDX DX site with info for the new or experienced listener:

http://www.angelfire.com/mb/amandx/index.html

REMEMBER ON A CLEAR DAY YOU CAN HEAR FOREVER

Old December 27th 03, 07:17 PM
Richard Davies

Thanks, Shawn

(lots of help on this NG!)

RichardD

Old December 27th 03, 07:25 PM
CW

Passport to World Band Radio is a good book. lots of good articles but the
shortwave schedules leave something to be desired. Go he
http://www.ilgradio.com/

"Richard Davies" wrote in message
Thanks, Dan

I'm filing that antenna page link, for future ref.
Seeing what I can do with the extendable whip first. (IYSWIM)
Lots of bells and trinkets on this Sony. Taking me a while to get my head
around it

And thanks, FW

Is the "" a US publication?

Old December 27th 03, 08:29 PM
helmsman

"CW" wrote:

Passport to World Band Radio is a good book. lots of good articles but the
shortwave schedules leave something to be desired. Go he
http://www.ilgradio.com/

If you want to learn how SW works use this link
http://www.ae4rv.com/tn/propflash.htm

Old December 27th 03, 08:40 PM
RHF

RD,

You may wish to Take-A-Look at the "7600Group" on YAHOO !

WHAT-TO-DO: Click-On the [Join This Group!] Buttom to Join.
NOTE: FREE Membership in YAHOO Groups is Required.

Covers the Sony ICF-SW 7600G and 7600GR Radios.

Has over 400 Messages Archived and about 450 Members.

ihtthbh ~ RHF
= = = I Hope That This Has Been Helpful )
..
..
= = = Richard Davies
= = = wrote in message ...
Had a Sony 7600GR for xmas (yesyes)
And just found this group (yesyes)
Steep learning curve, right now, but loving it
Sorting out best times for different regions, etc
Wish me luck
RichardD
S. Devon, UK

Newbie Questions On Modes, etc. (Boston location) Robert11 Scanner 0 January 6th 05 01:02 PM
Newbie CB User has ?'s Please someone advise Alex CB 62 October 12th 04 04:44 PM
Some questions form a RDS's newbie Bruce Sam Broadcasting 2 October 1st 04 03:48 AM
Newbie abr Homebrew 20 September 29th 03 04:07 PM
Newbie abr Homebrew 0 September 28th 03 06:46 PM