Old December 31st 03, 03:51 AM
WShoots1

if i disconnect my antenna from the co-ax that goes to my radio, all of the
static from my computer goes away, so i guess i should just shut off the
monitor when i want to use my radio.

Yeppers.

Bill, K5BY
Old December 31st 03, 08:09 AM
starman

chuck wrote:

well the first problem is i'm in a second floor room with very little chance
of getting a good ground wire up here.
computer is about 4 feet from radio, and the antenna is in the attic. it is
a single strand of #22 ga. insulated wire run back and forth from one end of
my attic to the other, totalling about 350 feet. (there is not much room up
there)!!!
from the 22 ga. wire it goes directly to the co-ax then to the radio and the
co-ax shielding is connected to the radio via. the pl-259 connector.
i have not tried a balun as of yet but it might help (??)
i have tried the ground on my cable t.v outlet and the ground on the
electrical box in the room but they just added allot of static.
i have tried an antenna tuner but that did very little for the signal and
nothing for the static,
but if i had a ground it might help.(??)

i appreciate any and all help i can get

thanks for all the help

charles foster
aurora ontario canada

My receiver is on a second floor too. I used to get interference from
the computer and television (same room as receiver) until I built a low
noise antenna (below). Now I can listen to the radio with no
interference from any home electronics devices.

http://www.anarc.org/naswa/badx/ante...e_antenna.html