Old January 16th 04, 06:21 PM
-Rev Jones

Woman across the water's car stalled and she tried to walk back home (1/4
mile )
She froze to death, they just found her.

http://www.news12.com/LI/topstories/article?id=99007

"Burr" wrote in message

Forecasters warned of "extremely dangerous" wind chills tonight -- as
low as 45 degrees below zero -- for the northeastern U.S. "These values
can produce frostbite in under 15 minutes," a National Weather Service
advisory said.

From CNN

Burr

Old January 16th 04, 07:27 PM
CW

You'd make an excellent reporter. Take a story and make it into what you
want. 1/4 mile from home? The article states "just around the corner".
whatever that really means. Froze to death? It says she was found under the
snow by her car. It would have to be about -100 for you to freeze to death
in that short of a distance. More likely slipped on the ice, hurt herself
and couldn't get up. Yes, she probably did freeze to death but not because
it was so cold you would freeze to death in minutes. I have been in cold
like that, living in tents, outside most of the day. It's not that bad.

"Burr" wrote in message

Forecasters warned of "extremely dangerous" wind chills tonight -- as
low as 45 degrees below zero -- for the northeastern U.S. "These values
can produce frostbite in under 15 minutes," a National Weather Service
advisory said.

From CNN

Burr

Old January 16th 04, 09:06 PM
-Rev Jones

What do them reporters know I reported what I heard on the scanner.
It was dam freezing to death outside last night, now were getting a heatwave
at in Rockefeller Center.
Currently 21 degrees, wish you were here !!!

Im applying to CNN Monday.

"Burr" wrote in message

Forecasters warned of "extremely dangerous" wind chills tonight -- as
low as 45 degrees below zero -- for the northeastern U.S. "These

values
can produce frostbite in under 15 minutes," a National Weather Service
advisory said.

From CNN

Burr

Old January 16th 04, 10:33 PM
Diverd4777

Read the article; then reread it,
checked map quest,
althought the wind Was howling yesterday afternoon,
with blowing snow
and that's a nasty place to be outside in such weather
not personally sure that freezing tempuratures was the actual cause of death;
no one thinks clearly after piling up...
if she had stayed in her car she might have survived;
or knocked on a neighbors door,
( Just called the Police ( 516-573-6200 ) covering that area, actual cause of
death unknown at this time,
- could have been a heart attack for all we know )

very tragic in any case..

"Burr" wrote in message

Forecasters warned of "extremely dangerous" wind chills tonight -- as
low as 45 degrees below zero -- for the northeastern U.S. "These values
can produce frostbite in under 15 minutes," a National Weather Service
advisory said.

From CNN

Burr

Old January 17th 04, 01:35 AM
CW

Why don't YOU read what I wrote. It was not cold enough for someone to
freeze to death a short distance from their car unles there were
circumstances that prevented her from getting anywhere.

"Burr" wrote in message

Forecasters warned of "extremely dangerous" wind chills tonight -- as
low as 45 degrees below zero -- for the northeastern U.S. "These values
can produce frostbite in under 15 minutes," a National Weather Service
advisory said.

From CNN

Burr