Old January 26th 04, 05:18 AM
WShoots1

Jim: What kind of metal tube? The kind with wheels?

Well, it did have some. It's an older 12x65 mobilehome, with aluminum siding
and steel roof. The tiedowns, including those over the top, are probably
grounding the mobile, maybe even better than the ground I have in my little
office/shack.

I suspect I'm picking up sigs off the phone and power wiring. In fact, when I
clip onto a grounded wrought iron chandelier in the dining area or bathroom, I
get better signals on all bands, even AM and FM. And 3210 is better on that,
using my eTR7, than my DX-392 gets on the 65-foot outside antenna!

The ground wire is, of course, inductively (or capacitively) coupled to a
mighty long antenna, the area power lines. LOL Of course, there is some noise
on the line sometimes, but I usually win.

My trailer may be antenna -- or a reflector. Sometimes outside, I can hold a
portable close to the alum skin and get better sigs using just the radio's
whip.

73,
Bill, K5BY
Old January 26th 04, 02:55 PM
Jim Hackett

I have similar experiences. Had to mount my random wire 5 feet above roof
to keep the steel from reflecting/interfering with the signal...

Old January 26th 04, 11:59 PM
Dxluver

Huh? There's loads of stuff out there in the daytime.

Yep. What I think it is Steve, is that most people( I used to be one of them)
don't think there's much to hear during the daytime and when they do listen,
they don't go high enough in the spectrum to hear anything.

Lots of listening, both BCB and shortwave to hear during the day.:-)

Sneaking tiny radios into North Korea Mike Terry Broadcasting 0 November 13th 04 05:02 PM
Photos of China shortwave radios (and more!) Copperplate Equipment 15 February 21st 04 06:56 PM
Photos of China shortwave radios (and more!) Copperplate General 5 February 18th 04 08:30 PM
I wonder... mike Shortwave 8 September 5th 03 04:38 AM
how exactly do shortwave radio's work? Christopher Shortwave 5 August 28th 03 12:03 PM