Old January 29th 04, 02:37 PM
Ken Thomas

Default Ordering Sangean Parts Online?

I'd like to order some replacement parts for my DX398 and have the
part numbers. Only problem is - RatShack doesn't carry the items
anymore since they no longer sell the radio. Does anyone know of a
vendor online that sells Sangean parts? I've had success ordering
SONY items online but can't find Sangean - not even at their site.

Old January 29th 04, 04:09 PM
starman

Ken Thomas wrote:

I'd like to order some replacement parts for my DX398 and have the
part numbers. Only problem is - RatShack doesn't carry the items
anymore since they no longer sell the radio. Does anyone know of a
vendor online that sells Sangean parts? I've had success ordering
SONY items online but can't find Sangean - not even at their site.

A company like Radio Shack is supposed to stock parts for a number of
years after a product is discontinued. They used to keep parts for about
7-years. How were you told that the DX-398 parts are no longer
available?

Old January 29th 04, 10:06 PM
RHF

KT,

Try Calling/FAXing these Telephone Numbers for Sangean USA:
SANGEAN-USA= http://www.sangean.com/contact.html

Tel: (626) 579-1600

Fax: (626) 579-6806

Try eMailing these POCs for Sangean USA:

General Information -

Sales & Marketing -

Ordering Department -

For NON-Warranty Repairs Sangean-USA Recommends that you consider:
NON-WARRANTY-REPAIRS=
http://www.sangean.com/contact_service.html
RADIO-LABS= http://www.radiolabs.com/repair/sangean.html
* For an ALTERNATIVE to Do-It-Yourself
* Consider Sangean Repairs by RadioLabs:

wmcis ~ RHF
..
..
= = = Ken Thomas

Old January 29th 04, 10:14 PM
rtc

Is this it?

http://www.radioshack.com/ProdSuppor...etailIndex.asp
?P=support_electronics&D=3157&T=htm

Old January 29th 04, 10:22 PM
rtc

Try this:

http://www.radioshack.com/ProdSuppor..._electronics&D
=3157&T=htm

Old January 29th 04, 10:33 PM
rtc

Sorry,third times the charmg:

http://www.radioshack.com/ProdSuppor...D=31 57&T=htm

Old January 30th 04, 12:21 AM
RHF

KT,

IIRC: There is a requirement (law?) that Automobile and Truck
Manufactures provide direct parts support or establish 'license'
parts support for a period of Eleven (11) Years in the USofA.

But "T2BOMK" [ To The Best Of My Knowledge ] NO 'other' industry
or product has this requirement (or legal mandate).

jm2cw ~ RHF
..
..
= = = starman

a great read Happy camper CB 1 November 19th 04 02:51 PM
Parts Sources OnLine GeorgeF Homebrew 5 October 8th 04 06:54 AM
Would it be worthwhile starting an on-line parts ordering house? Greysky Homebrew 16 January 18th 04 09:52 PM
Would it be worthwhile starting an on-line parts ordering house? Greysky Homebrew 0 January 14th 04 02:00 AM
PRESS RELEASE: HCDX Online Log 1.0 released Risto Kotalampi Shortwave 0 January 12th 04 08:04 AM