Old January 31st 04, 11:36 AM
Tom Sevart

Default 30 meter beacon run this weekend

My 30 meter 100 mW beacon is running now on 10.146 MHZ. Antenna is a 30
meter inverted V. The beacon will be running until 1900Z tonight, then all
day tomorrow until about 0300Z.

Please send reception reports to , please include UTC time
you hear it and your location. Results to be posted later.

--
Tom Sevart N2UHC
Frontenac, KS

Old February 3rd 04, 02:13 PM
Dale Parfitt

"Tom Sevart" wrote in message
My 30 meter 100 mW beacon is running now on 10.146 MHZ. Antenna is a 30
meter inverted V. The beacon will be running until 1900Z tonight, then

all
day tomorrow until about 0300Z.

Please send reception reports to , please include UTC time
you hear it and your location. Results to be posted later.

Why not join the HiFer group on 13.555 MHz. I readily copy these 1-3mW

beacons both by ear and ARGO QRSS3.

Dale W4OP

Old February 4th 04, 12:30 AM
Multithreaded

On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 14:13:23 GMT, "Dale Parfitt"
wrote:

Why not join the HiFer group on 13.555 MHz. I readily copy these 1-3mW

beacons both by ear and ARGO QRSS3.

HiFers? What are they? And 13.555? That is not in any legal amateur
alocation, to the best of my knowledge (which is 20 years out of date,
admitedly, heh). Please tell me more about this part of HF.

Dale W4OP

G4LWQ (relapsed).

--

Please use Reply-To address. Unmung it first, mind.
Old February 4th 04, 12:35 AM
N8KDV

wrote:

Why not join the HiFer group on 13.555 MHz. I readily copy these 1-3mW

beacons both by ear and ARGO QRSS3.

HiFers? What are they? And 13.555? That is not in any legal amateur
alocation, to the best of my knowledge (which is 20 years out of date,
admitedly, heh). Please tell me more about this part of HF.

Just do a google search for HIFER, lots and lots of info.

Dale W4OP

G4LWQ (relapsed).

--

Please use Reply-To address. Unmung it first, mind.

Old February 4th 04, 12:38 AM
Brenda Ann

news
wrote:

Why not join the HiFer group on 13.555 MHz. I readily copy these 1-3mW

beacons both by ear and ARGO QRSS3.

HiFers? What are they? And 13.555? That is not in any legal amateur
alocation, to the best of my knowledge (which is 20 years out of date,
admitedly, heh). Please tell me more about this part of HF.

There are several bands/band segments open to Part 15 usage, in the low
milliwatt range, this may be one of them. I know there are other segments
being used for beacons/dx tests at different times of the year. Have seen
reports of some beacons of less than 10mW being heard thousands of miles
away.

Old February 4th 04, 10:02 AM
Multithreaded

On Tue, 03 Feb 2004 19:35:09 -0500, N8KDV
wrote:

Just do a google search for HIFER, lots and lots of info.

D'Oh! Didn't think of that. Will do.
--

Please use Reply-To address. Unmung it first, mind.
Old February 4th 04, 10:04 AM
Multithreaded

On Wed, 4 Feb 2004 09:38:34 +0900, "Brenda Ann"
wrote:

There are several bands/band segments open to Part 15 usage, in the low
milliwatt range, this may be one of them. I know there are other segments
being used for beacons/dx tests at different times of the year. Have seen
reports of some beacons of less than 10mW being heard thousands of miles
away.

Wow! That is really interesting. I guess this is an HF version of the
American "Lowfers" who use LF without a licence. I wish we in the UK
were so lucky. I will Google...

Thanks for the information, Brenda.

--

Please use Reply-To address. Unmung it first, mind.