Old February 18th 04, 12:45 AM
Jim Hackett

Yea, haven't gotten one of those "yet". I DID just purchase a Tecsun R333
from Brocchi on eBay. Haven't gotten it yet...

Look at the Tecsun R9700 and R9702. They are both dual-conversion; the
latter with digital readout; and can be had from various eBay sellers for
$25 or so from time to time.

Old February 20th 04, 03:54 AM

Hi, Guys,
It seems that Universal Radio may be offering a Grundig Mini World 100PE
free with the purchase of some of their other Grundig radios, such as the
S-350 or the YB-400PE. There were indications to that effect last week on
the website at:

http://www.universal-radio.com/

under the links for the individual radios under the catalog link and then
the portable link. If you don't already have an S-350, the tossing in of
the Mini World 100 might be just the slight kicker you might need to finally
get one.

Reply to:
Brent Reynolds, Atlanta, GA USA
Old March 14th 04, 10:17 PM
Mike S.

In article ,
Neill Currie wrote:

"Chris Thacker" wrote in message
. com...
(Fred Burgess) wrote in message

.com...
"Pirate Bill" wrote in message

. ..
While browsing through Radio Shack last week I found a Grundig Mini

100 PE
and decided it would make a nice little radio to possibly pick up some

of
the super strong SW stations and maybe AM and FM locally here while

out for
my daily walks....To break the boredom at times so to speak!

Ive used it early in the mornings here in Kentucky and tuned a lot of

the
usual powerhouses around the US in and then a bit later found
Russia....Australia....and quite a few other west European nations all

on
the stock pull out antenna! This 29$ radio is a blast! I handled a

bit of
overload at times by simply pushing in the antenna ....I still

recieved
Australia loud and clear with only a third (About 6 inches) of the

antenna
pulled out.

I own a pair of RX-340's from Ten Tec...a Yaesu FT1000D....A pair of
Icom -718's and a pair of Icom R-75's and have miles of wire up.

I've had more fun with this little radio than all the others put

together in
the last few months! This would be a great radio for a kid too!

Bill

Though I have a Realistic dx390, and a Grundig 300PE, I bought a 100PE
to carry in my pocket. It is a neat little radio for its price. The
antenna is okay, and I hear the powerhouses quite well. I also hooked
up a wire antenna to it, by using a simple alligator clip. I was able
to DX suprisingly well. The only big problem with it (at least with
mine) Is the SW1 band is a whopping 900Khz off,for example, I will
hear WWV 5000 Khz on 5900 Khz approx. I returned the radio, and the
second one I received has the same problem.
Fred Burgess

I just purchased the mini world 100 pe, and am really not that
satisfied with it. I am new to the whole shortwave radio thing, and
was wondering if there is a radio similar in price but in which you
can get more bang for your buck.

I just bought two Kaide KK-9702's on ebay. Both for $36 shipped. One is a
gift for a friend. Very satisfied, can't be beat for the $$ IMO. They have
been reviewed somewhere on the web, that's how I got tipped off to them.

I strongly suspect these are the same hardware inside as the JWIN cheapie
that lots of people bought a while back.

Old March 15th 04, 03:22 AM
Caribbean Listener

Saw them today Sunday at the Radio Shack store at Norte Shopping
Center in San Juan, Puerto Rico selling for $48.99 "special." The only
other shortwave radio they had was the YB-300 for $89.95. What a rip
off.

Marty

San Juan, Puerto Rico

YB400PE [email protected] Shortwave 7 February 5th 04 12:34 PM
Grundig Yacht Boy (YB) Radios that are offered World Wide under the Grundig Yacht Boy (YB) Brand Name RHF Shortwave 5 February 5th 04 12:23 PM
Grundig Satellit 900 -=V=- Eton E1 XM Radio RHF Shortwave 5 February 5th 04 12:14 PM
"THE WORLD MADE YOU NUMBER ONE AND NOW IT'S TIME TO GIVE BACK TO THE WORLD" White Bufallo Shortwave 16 November 1st 03 04:30 AM
Grundig Mini 300 - new model Bill McMillan Shortwave 6 October 29th 03 07:24 PM