Old February 16th 04, 07:20 AM
Sara

Default How To QSL?

I am looking for info on how to send QSL reports to receive cards from
broadcasters. Any help appreciated.

Sara
Old February 16th 04, 07:35 AM
Igor Gros

A licensed HAM operators are using QSL bureaus.
The others use internet like:
http://www.rnw.nl/realradio/practica...onreports.html

Old February 16th 04, 12:07 PM
N8KDV

donutbandit wrote:

(Sara) wrote in
om:

I am looking for info on how to send QSL reports to receive cards from
broadcasters. Any help appreciated.

Sara

Neatness counts!

Print out a nice letter. Include extensive program details (proves you
heard them) and a good SINPO reception report (let's them know how they are
being heard.)

Skip the SINPO, most broadcasters, or the folks answering the letter haven't a
clue!

Just tell them how well, or not, they are being heard, any interference from
other stations, which ones, and on what frequency.

That should do the trick. I've never. ever, used SINPO in any report I've sent.

Calculate the price of return postage, and include IRCs for that amount.
Include a SASE.

Skip the IRC's too! Some countries don't even take them, and they are
waaaaaaaaaaay too expensive. Most of the 'big' broadcasters don't require
return postage, but if you'd like to send return postage, put a $ in the
envelope.

SASE? That's a self-addressed-stamped-envelope, no need to put our postage on a
letter from a foreign country! Once again, most of the 'big' broadcasters won't
require that.

When one gets down to trying to QSL some flea power broadcaster in Bolivia or
such, then you might want to enclose a SAE, self -addressed -envelope, and then
you'll possibly be getting into territory where you might wish to enclose a
prepared QSL card that the station simply signs and stamps.

Hope. Pray.

Yes, one must always do that!

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

Old February 16th 04, 03:09 PM
Incognito

See URL: http://ac6v.com/swl.htm#QSLF
Has several links on how to QSL and sample forms

--
Incognito By Necessity (:-(

If you can't convince them, confuse them.
- - -Harry S Truman

om...

Old February 16th 04, 03:44 PM
RedOctober90

Neatly handwrite or type a letter. Perferably type one so that the
station QSL manager can read it if your handwriting isn't that great

Include frequency, time, date signal (SIO or SINPO) Most stations know
these two codes. Send them a few program details and some comments on
the programming. You can also send them suggestions too, stations like
to hear how they can improve programming ofr listeners.

And send them an International Reply Coupon or $1 dollar. I've always
had good luck sending $1.00. Normally the only way they will steal
your dollar is if they rip the envelope open. So keep the dollar
wrapped tightly inside the letter, maybe attach it with tape.

73 and good luck.
Old February 17th 04, 08:30 AM
Dxluver

I am looking for info on how to send QSL reports to receive cards from
broadcasters. Any help appreciated.

Sara,
Whatever you do (always works for me.) Make your letter stand out from all the
others.

There might be a stack of letters there numbering over fifty to hundred. I
'always' outline my envelope in yellow fluorescent marker real nice and neat.

I also do it on the back, encircling the flap, Where the flap is, on the
left part of the flap that you seal, I put *I*....middle of flap I put
*A*.....on the other side of flap I put *C.* Meaning "It's A Conspiracy."
Then I always draw a little black helicopter with a little man dropping out
with his parachute.

Now I'm not saying do the I.A.C. thing BUT I'd advise the yellow fluorscent
marker thing, ANYTHING to make yours get looked at before the others.

Hope it helps, always works for me, plenty of em' to prove it, even have
three to five notes commenting on my envelopes and one even knew what I.A.C.
meant (I thought *I* made it up)...lol....and mentioned my little helicopter.
:-)

Good luck, you'll do fine Sarah.