Old February 16th 04, 11:59 AM
Rick KB1KIL

Default Reception Report From Maine

Reception Report from Maine this morning, February 16, 2004

10:30 uct 4.387 Radio Imperio Chidayo, Peru
Pretty good reception this morning. RST 3-5
120 FT Long wire at 45 ft. N/S

11:14 uct 4.775 Radio Tarma Tarma, Peru
Signal is quite readable even with the CODAR interferance. RST 5 to 7
120 FT Long wire at 45 ft. N/S

11:30 uct 4.780 Radio Cultural Coatan San Sebastian Coatan, Guatemala
It was quite difficult reading the singnal at times due to CODAR
interferance, but I was able to make it out on the strong peaks with a
little help with bandpass and notch. RST 4 to 6
120 FT Long wire at 45 ft. N/S

11:37 uct 4.800 Radio Buenas Neuvas Huancayo, Peru
Signal was quite strong and was very readable even with more CODAR
interferance. (as usual) RST 7 to 8, sometimes peaking to 9.
120 FT Long wire at 45 ft. N/S

11:45 uct 4.832 Radio Litoral La Ceba, Honduras
Signal was very readable, and very little interferance. RST 3 to 6 slow
fading.
120 FT Long wire at 45 ft. N/S

I could hear quite a few more stations but because of CODAR interferace it
was impossible to make out any of the broadcast. I HATE CODAR.

--
73's
Rick

Drake R8 R8B
ICOM R75
Yaesu 7700
Hammarlund SP-600-JX-17

"If you try to fail and succeed, which have you done?"

Old February 16th 04, 12:46 PM
Robert11

Hi,
Newbie.

What's CODAR, please ?

Bob
--------------------------

Old February 16th 04, 01:54 PM
Bill

Coastal Ocean Dynamics Applications Radar
"The high frequency COastal RaDAR system is based on the process of
backscattering of electromagnetic waves from the rough sea surface and can be
used to measure surface currents and ocean wave parameters. The transmitted
electromangetic wave is guided by the sea surface following the curvature of the
earth beyond the horizon. Ranges of about 60 km can be achieved. The CODAR
systems provide a wealth of data with which to verify NGLI models. Work will be
performed to eventually assimilate the data into the models.:

Robert11 wrote:
Hi,
Newbie.

What's CODAR, please ?

Bob
--------------------------

Old February 16th 04, 03:33 PM
snow

Nice report Rick. I live in Maine also. Did you ever receive Radio Tahiti
when it was on the air? I was able to pull it in on a Radio Shack DX-440 and
my Icom 735 Transceiver
during early morning hours back in the mid-1990's before it shut down.
David
N1QLK

Reception Report from Maine this morning, February 16, 2004

SNIP

Thank You David.
Yes I did receive Radio Tahiti back in the early 80's using my
Hammerlund SP 600 which I still own. I recorded the broadcasts as well. I
have them on tape somewhere. I was also fortunate enough to visit Tahiti in
March of 1984. While on my visit, I recorded several of the local FM
stations as well as the SW station.

What part of Maine are you from?