Old February 18th 04, 08:03 PM
Maximus

Default 4.052

This is one I have never heard before and it is coming in with a decent
signal right through the computer interference in the band around he
Radio Verdad, Chiquimula Guatemala in Spanish 12:13 UTC with a man and woman
speaking interspersed with music, delivering a religious message.

La Dolce di Far Niente

Old February 18th 04, 08:58 PM
SWL/I/0031/VT

La Dolce di Far Niente

Cioč? Che significa 'sto nick?

--
73' e 51' de
SWL/I/0031/VT

Old February 19th 04, 12:21 AM
Maximus

From a favorite program on PBS: Travels in Europe. It is Italian "The
sweetness of doing nothing."
I use it instead of my graphical signature for this group - good as anything
else S. There was an episode where they visited the Cinque Terra region of
the italian riviera, and they were visiting Vernazza, when the host
mentioned the phrase. I don't know if I actually have it spelled correctly.
Perhaps someone fluent in italian can correct me if I am wrong - like ...
ummm well.. and Italian LOL.
La Dolce di Far Niente
"SWL/I/0031/VT" wrote in message

La Dolce di Far Niente

Cioč? Che significa 'sto nick?

--
73' e 51' de
SWL/I/0031/VT

Old February 19th 04, 12:48 AM
Brian

I love that show! That's the one with Rick Steves right? That guy has the
coolest job.

Brian
"Maximus" wrote in message
ink.net...
From a favorite program on PBS: Travels in Europe. It is Italian "The

Old February 19th 04, 03:32 AM
Maximus

He's a great guy and smart - he makes a lot of sense, and the part about The
Cinque Terra is my favorite. I;d love to be able to visit there
La Dolce di Far Niente

"Brian" wrote in message
link.net...
I love that show! That's the one with Rick Steves right? That guy has the
coolest job.

Brian
"Maximus" wrote in message
ink.net...
From a favorite program on PBS: Travels in Europe. It is Italian "The

Old February 19th 04, 11:08 AM
SWL/I/0031/VT

mentioned the phrase. I don't know if I actually have it spelled

correctly.
Perhaps someone fluent in italian can correct me if I am wrong - like ...
ummm well.. and Italian LOL.
La Dolce di Far Niente

Aaaaaaaahhh....ok.
I'm italian, and if you want, you can correctly write it as: Il dolce far
niente.

If you write "La Dolce di Far Niente" I can think you are a sweet girl (La
Dolce!) that lives or comes from a place ( di... like "von" in german in
this case) named or where the people does nothing (Far Niente).

Nice!

73' e 51' de
SWL/I/0031/VT