Old February 20th 04, 06:45 PM
Mr. Dell

Default Power-supply with no noise

I just purchased a wonderful YB 400 International; great radio
for the price.

I tried to use a wall-cube PS (stabilized, well filtered) but
I get strong interferences on some SW band caused by it; with batteries
all is fine.

I was wondering where I can buy (online) a power supply (wall-cube)
particullary suitable to power SW receivers.

Thanks in advance

PS: my apologies for my very little english.

Old February 20th 04, 07:42 PM
Al - KA5JGV

"Mr. Dell" wrote in message
I just purchased a wonderful YB 400 International; great radio
for the price.

I tried to use a wall-cube PS (stabilized, well filtered) but
I get strong interferences on some SW band caused by it; with batteries
all is fine.

The noise may not be from your power supply, if can be from a source in your
house (or nearby house) and be conducted through your power line, then power
supply, then to your receiver. Before you invest too much in a new power
supply, try to eliminate the power lines as a source. Radio Shack has many
power supplies and they have a pretty good return policy. Purchase one from
them, connect it and see if there is a difference. If the noise is the same
then it is coming from someplace else through your power lines.

Al KA5JGV
San Antonio, Tx.

Old February 20th 04, 08:30 PM
Dale Parfitt

[...]