Old February 23rd 04, 12:07 AM
rgray

Default Antenna Question: Need advice

I want to run an antenna in my attic to pick up SW signals. I plan on
running speaker wire, possibly in an up down zig zag pattern on the rafters.
I checked out the web pages regarding antennas but being technically
illiterate, gleaned little from them.

Here are the questions that I have:

1. Is speaker wire okay? Should I use a different type?

2. What's the minimum distance the antenna should be away from far away from
electrical wiring?

3. If I don't have one strand which will reach, is it okay to splice the
wire on another strand? What would be the best way to do this?

4. Is a zig zag pattern a good way to lay out the antenna or should I make a
big straight loop with it? A bunch of loops? Would a horizontal zig zag be
better? Would it matter?

5. Should I have anything on the ends of the wire or leave them bare?

Any help you can give me will be greatly apprechiated.

Old February 23rd 04, 12:33 PM
rgray

Question about Sirius Satellite Radio Antenna [email protected] Broadcasting 0 August 27th 04 07:13 PM
Antenna Question Chris CB 0 August 5th 04 06:39 PM
EH Antenna Revisited Walter Maxwell Antenna 47 January 16th 04 04:34 AM
Antenna Safety Question mBird Antenna 5 November 5th 03 06:13 PM