Old February 23rd 04, 10:15 PM

Default WXHL DX test - update!

An update to my earlier message about the WXHL test...

DXer Les Rayburn has volunteered to help with responding to QSL
reports for the test (MANY, MANY THANKS!!) *AND* he got a .wav file of
WXHL's Morse ID to the engineer, so there will be code used in the
test!

So, to repeat:

Monday, March 29, 2004 - WXHL-1550, Elkton, MD will conduct a DX test
from 12:01 - 1am EST.

The test will consist of numerous voice IDs, code IDs, and
forgotten/rare 70's and 80's Top 40 music and a few test tones.
Currently, the engineer is uncertain of just what power the test will
be run at; the station is normally 1000/1 w U3.

The station prefers that reception reports be e-mailed; send them to:

The engineer (Dan Oetting) says he will respond to reception reports
via e-mail but not via snail mail. However, in your e-mail, please CC:
Les Rayburn at
. Les will respond to snail-mail
reception reports with a special QSL card, printed just for the test.
You can send your reports to Les at:

Les Rayburn
High Noon Film
100 Centerview Drive
Suite 111
Birmingham, AL 35216

Also, if you include your postal mailing address with your e-mail to
Les, he will send you a card as well. PLEASE don't forget to include
return postage!!

And remember, whether you hear the test or not, if you try for the
test, please drop the station a note thanking them for running the
test - and let me know about your results, too!

Thanks!

Lynn.
)
Visit the IRCA Web site at
http://www.ircaonline.org

Old February 24th 04, 01:57 AM
Maximus

Dear IRCAMEMBER,
Thanks for your post. Pass on my appreciation of their efforts to get their
station on the air. It does seem to be a lot of work. Let us know how the
test went, and what response you got. Maximus.