Old March 4th 04, 01:56 AM
Brenda Ann

"longwave" wrote in message

Well of course I don't go there! I offered my comment as evidence, at
least in my area, that Mobil may be charging more than the fair market
price. I wasn't exaggerating when I said they ALWAYS have the highest
prices in the area. One of the employees at that Mobil station is the
son of the owner. He says Mobil is known for being one of the greediest
oil companies.

I don't know about Mobil, haven't been to one in a great many years.. but do
they do similar to Chevron? Chevron's prices are uniformly higher than the
competion, but for a reason.. they are one of the very few chains that still
offers actual service (i.e. they check your oil, air, wash your windows,
etc.. stuff that all gas stations (used to be SERVICE STATIONS) used to do
as a matter of course). If Mobil does that, it's worth a few more pennies a
gallon (hell, it's worth a few more pennies a gallon to have the attendant
come to your car to get paid, instead of running a 50 yard dash to the
'convenience store' in the pouring rain to pay for your gas..