Old March 2nd 04, 10:39 PM
Stinger

You can find anything from the cheapest pair of earbuds to audiophile
headphones costing over $1000 at this site:

http://www.headphone.com/layout.php?topicID=1

-- Stinger

"Dxluver" wrote in message
At Radio Shack, they have this pait of phones that are 99.99 that are

made out
of titanium. They fit super and definitely 'felt' expensive. Anyone with

any
experience with these. Would they be good for DXing?

I have the Optimus Pro40's and have worn out the inside foam part so I

have
black electrical tape nicely encircled into it. But I definitely need

some
news phones, and I looked at the others and they were junk except this

one
pair.

Figures it's made out of titanium and cost $99.99
Is there something I should look at in the specs to bring back to the

group?

Old March 2nd 04, 10:50 PM
Joe Strain

There is a product called GOOP that you can use to repair rubber & vinyl
it is so tough it is sold to the Nike-Rebok crowd as "SHOE-GOO" to rebuild
soles, toes, heels...dries to pure rubber

I usd it to rescue deteriorated cups on a KOSS headset

Yodar

Old March 3rd 04, 07:15 AM
Dxluver

For SWL, get the $19.95 Koss - you won't notice the difference.

If I remember right though (and I might be wrong) the Koss isn't a 'cushy'
headphone is it? I remember seeing them, didn't think to much of them. What
is the part that encircles your ear made of?

I'll make a note of what you said if you'll respond. Thanks Gregg.

Old March 3rd 04, 07:29 AM
Dxluver

SPECIFICATIONS:
• Frequency Response: 20-20,000 Hz
• Maximum Input Power: 100 mW
• Impedance: 60 ohm
• Nominal Sensitivity: 98dB
• Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.2% at 95 dB SPL, 400Hz and 1 KHz

Are those good specs though RHF for dxing? Anyone in the knows here? I don't
want to get a pair of phones that aren't good for long sessions of dxing.

produce dynamic sound
and are perfect for listening from your computer, MP3 or CD player

I use none of these, nor do I forsee it happening in the future.

I'll write down that cat.# and take a look.
****right now though the most important thing to me is getting an 'extension
jack' for my external antenna jack that I can leave plugged in.*****

thanks rhf:-)
Old March 3rd 04, 07:31 AM
Dxluver

Look in the spec's for frequency range and distortion
levels.

I wouldn't know exactly what numbers to look for Starman. What about the
numbers on the one RHF posted?
Old March 3rd 04, 07:38 AM
Dxluver

First thing. Did you check on the availability of the foam for your present
pair?

Meaning? Ask them "hey, do you happen to have an extra set of foam cups for
my phones I wore out." {?}
Old March 3rd 04, 09:00 AM
Gregg

Behold, Dxluver signalled from keyed 4-1000A filament:

For SWL, get the $19.95 Koss - you won't notice the difference.

If I remember right though (and I might be wrong) the Koss isn't a
'cushy' headphone is it? I remember seeing them, didn't think to much
of them. What is the part that encircles your ear made of?

I'll make a note of what you said if you'll respond. Thanks Gregg.

Koss are VERY cushy - they use foam covered with leatherette.

My Pro-120's did too, but the leatherette wore off, now I just have foam.

--
Gregg
*It's probably useful, even if it can't be SPICE'd*
Old March 3rd 04, 12:50 PM
John Miller

Dxluver wrote:

Meaning? Ask them "hey, do you happen to have an extra set of foam cups
for
my phones I wore out." {?}

Didn't catch the brand you've got, but some (many?) manufacturers carry
replacement ear pads. For Sony, you'd better be sitting down when they
tell you the price.

--
John Miller
Email address: domain, n4vu.com; username, jsm

There are bugs and then there are bugs. And then there are bugs.
-Karl Lehenbauer