Old March 6th 04, 09:44 AM
Dxluver

Maybe this is an aberration, but it sure was nice to be able to buy
something without having to draw the person a diagram.

It used to be the way it was all the time, or at least the majority. The
changing of times I suppose.
Old March 5th 04, 06:50 PM
Joe

Forget "Crap Shack" its not worth the aggravation, got ****ed with some
character in Hip Hop clothing following me around the store bugging me with
a book of cellphone, radio and credit card plans. All the parts were packed
up thrown in disarray into a bank's of draw's
I did my standard rant, this time thing's went a little different:

I went off on him with tech talk: LOOK THIS IS WHAT Im LOOKING FOR !..Blah
Blah Blah
the droid goes and calls the cops on me !!!
The stupid ass call 911 and told them I looked suspicious and was for asking
for Ferrets, eggs, and German diodes.
The 2 stupid 21 year old flatfoots then ask me if Im on any type of
medication then for ID. I explain that I am looking for parts to help my
nephew put together a crystal set, now they look even more confused

Get an account with Mouser www.mouser.com the hell with these stupid
A**holes !!

-Joe

"Dxluver" wrote in message
Well, I've posted my dilema on what I've been looking for but never got

an
answer, or at least one I could take in there so I decided today I WAS

coming
out of any rat shack with what I needed.......if I had to go to five of

them,
I was.

My two problems:
I needed an adapter or 'sleeve' to consistently keep plugged into my

external
antenna jack on my DX398. You'd swear I was speaking another language.

After
I spoke s-l-o-w-l-y- for the third time and still saw the constipated

looks on
the two faces in there I told them....."guys, go on and take care of the

other
customers, there was FIVE standing there with their new (I suppose)

picture
cell phones and they were pressing in codes. {?} That's what it looked

like.
Every now and then one of them would break away from the desk and go to

an
aisle I was in like I was a potential thief or something.

I know a thief can be anyone, but I'm professional and clean cut and

after the
FOURTH time of being watched 'kind words' from me were asked to them in

the
form of "I'm not gonna rip you off, then preceded to reach in my pocket

and
whip out a stack of bills, that got them to leave me alone (I think.) ;-)

But for anyone else that needs or wants to correct the problem I had, the

cat#
(that I kept asking for in here to no avail BTW;-) ) is #4202472 for the
adapter or actually a 'sleeve' so you can plug and unplug your antenna

without
wearing out your board.

The other problem was with my phones (head phones) my Optimus Pro 40

plugs
into an adapter and I was afraid (because it would have) put a strain on

the
headphone chord from being bent at an angle all the time or would have

strained
the board. So I found a 'stereo to stereo Right angle'.....so now I have

that
new piece plugged in and the other adapter into it....followed by the
headphones plug itself plugged into that. No more strains on any of those
jacks or the board and now I can always unplug my external antenna (like
everyone should) without worrying if it'd be the last time before the jack
would loosen or the board would crack.

Both of them work beautifully and I'm a happy camper, and those workers

are
ding dong heads. ;-)

Old March 6th 04, 04:36 AM
Eric F. Richards

"Joe" wrote:

The stupid ass call 911 and told them I looked suspicious and was for asking
for Ferrets, eggs, and German diodes.

Heh! Should've told him that World War II is over.

BTW, Rat Shack stopped carrying 1N34s a couple years ago, so your wild
goose chase would've been no good under the best of circumstances.

--
Eric F. Richards,
"This book reads like a headache on paper."
Old March 7th 04, 06:06 AM

thank you for flaming me.

i knew it would happen,

i just wanted to rant. and Mr. Dxluver. all i was trying to say was dont
blame the staff they are not trained to know every little part in the store.
if you want to get mad at someone get mad at the management, that is all.
the core profit is in the parts, but the quick profit turn is on service
providers (cell phones, etc) if you knew how the business was run and how
bonuses were made, you would not help the litle part customers either. if
their was more incentive for the parts and suh, more eplyees would pay
closer attention to them.

i know radioshack has bad business practices towards us "radio people" but
in the large picture we are a small niche they dont make much money on a
compared to others

as far as me working their during college, it was easy pocket money for a
20-30hr job that was flexible in schedule. try to find a good paying job
while in college not doing much today

i never lied to a customer, even though my manager and DM promoted it. they
hated me for not sellng stuff people didnt want/or need

i do post here quite often, under a different name though, sometimes it is
not worth a post on such stupid things like
what color to buy a ATS 909 in

Old March 7th 04, 10:23 AM
Dxluver

all i was trying to say was dont
blame the staff they are not trained to know every little part in the store.
if you want to get mad at someone get mad at the management,

Hey, I understand. You have no problem here. :-)

Old March 9th 04, 05:30 AM
Eric F. Richards

"S" wrote:

thank you for flaming me.

i knew it would happen,

[snip]

WHAT are you talking about? I made a comment about Joe's experience,
not yours.

"Joe" wrote:

The stupid ass call 911 and told them I looked suspicious and was for

asking
for Ferrets, eggs, and German diodes.

Heh! Should've told him that World War II is over.

BTW, Rat Shack stopped carrying 1N34s a couple years ago, so your wild
goose chase would've been no good under the best of circumstances.

--
Eric F. Richards,
"This book reads like a headache on paper."
http://www.cnn.com/2001/CAREER/readi...one/index.html

--
Eric F. Richards,
"Nature abhors a vacuum tube." -- J. R. Pierce, Bell Labs, c. 1940
Old March 10th 04, 01:20 AM
ShackOfRadios

Don't shop at radioshack they run sweatshops.
http://12.22.230.41/MicroTech/Hosted/Files/issue1-demands_of_free_labour(10-39AM)1.mp3
That is a recording of my assistant manager Kevin Sutherland and my
manager Kevin Huang (the oriental guy in the recording) in Mapleview
Mall Radioshack, Burlington Ontario Canada (905-681-7353 is their
phone number, verify the voice if you like).
There are no conditions under which it is appropriate to demand free
off-the-clock labor.

You may also contact him directly at (905) 541 0833
Furthermore you may contact head office at (705) 728 7474
Or email them at

Making people work for free is the same as stealing, and it is also
fraud since hours have to be incorrectly reported. Let these people
know how criminal their activities are.