Old March 5th 04, 05:41 PM
Larry W4CSC

Default Going to sea, Wed. Want a QSL?

I'm going to sea next Wednesday for 6 days sailing a friend's 41'
cruising ketch from Charleston, SC to Ft Lauderdale, FL. I've made a
sked with some of my ham buddies to get on the SC SSB Net on 3915 at
0000 UTC each night at the beginning of it and on 7240 at 1800 UTC
just after lunch.

I've been installing electronics on the boat since we sailed it here
from Satellite Beach, FL, along with doing a lot of work on its
electrical systems. My captain, its owner, loves electronic toys so
he buys me things to play with, like this nice Icom M802 HF SSB/DSC
marine radio, which is opened to transmit from 1.8-30 Mhz.

Be glad to make contact with any hams in the group, also. My call is
W4CSC and I'm good on qrz.com or any callbook. (The insulator I'm
holding on my picture on qrz.com is what happens when you apply 70KW
to a 300KV feed through insulator on Rev Stair's pirate radio ship the
FCC confiscated. (No, I'm NOT involved with Rev Stair in any way.
The ham who was heading up his project invited me by the boat while it
was here for a little tour. It wasn't going to work, anyways. 70KW
RF was eating HOLES IN THE HULL! The insulator exploded over my head
and I kept it for a little souvenir before the Feds showed up...(c

I'll QSL with any SWLs, too, who send me SASE to the address on
qrz.com or my FCC database.

73 to all....CU on 40 meters

Larry W4CSC
POWER is our friend!
Old March 6th 04, 01:59 AM
tommyknocker

Larry W4CSC wrote:

Be glad to make contact with any hams in the group, also. My call is
W4CSC and I'm good on qrz.com or any callbook. (The insulator I'm
holding on my picture on qrz.com is what happens when you apply 70KW
to a 300KV feed through insulator on Rev Stair's pirate radio ship the
FCC confiscated. (No, I'm NOT involved with Rev Stair in any way.
The ham who was heading up his project invited me by the boat while it
was here for a little tour. It wasn't going to work, anyways. 70KW
RF was eating HOLES IN THE HULL! The insulator exploded over my head
and I kept it for a little souvenir before the Feds showed up...(c

I guess that would've sunk the profit-literally as well as figuratively.
But he hasn't let a little problem like child rape charges put a dent
in his fundraising activities, so a sunken ship wouldn't do the trick.

Old March 6th 04, 08:08 AM
Dxluver

But he hasn't let a little problem like child rape charges put a dent
in his fundraising activities, so a sunken ship wouldn't do the trick

What actually happened to him as a result from that? I never did hear, it's
hard to believe he never did any prison time over that. {?}
Old March 7th 04, 04:36 AM
Larry W4CSC

On Fri, 05 Mar 2004 17:59:21 -0800, tommyknocker
wrote:

I guess that would've sunk the profit-literally as well as figuratively.
But he hasn't let a little problem like child rape charges put a dent
in his fundraising activities, so a sunken ship wouldn't do the trick.

I think the lawyers have gotten in his pocket pretty good since he got
busted on the rape charges. He's had to sell WQIZ-AM 810 in St
George, SC. It's now owned by the Catholic Church and broadcasts
different propaganda than it used to with Bro Stair....(c;

Maranatha, Maranatha....

You gotta meet The Brothers, all bearded and enslaved, to believe
them. Place is like a concentration camp from all I've seen and read.

Larry W4CSC
POWER is our friend!
Old March 11th 04, 03:32 PM
Larry W4CSC

Had family problems and had to cancel my participation at sea, dammit.

I won't be on the air as I'm not there.......(snif)

OF 28N W OF 70W WIND W TO NW 15 TO 20 KT EARLY DECREASING TO 10
TO 15 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT IN NW SWELL.

Wish I were. Great day for sailing where the boat is this
morning.....

But, alas:

"It's always better to be standing on the dock, wishing you were at
sea, than to BE at sea, wishing you were standing on the dock."

Larry W4CSC
POWER is our friend!