Old March 11th 04, 03:48 PM
Larry W4CSC

The Chinese crap with Grundig's name on them are no more a Grundig
radio than the Japanese crap with Hammond's name on them are Hammond
Organs.

Hammond Organs have tubes and tone wheels powered by Tesla's
synchronous motors....(c;

On Tue, 09 Mar 2004 03:26:01 -0500, N8KDV
wrote:

Larry W4CSC wrote:

Look on the bottom. See where it says "Made in China"? Grundigs are
made in GERMANY, not Asia......

Are you certain about that? I don't think Grundig has manufactured any radios in
Germany for some time now.

The FR200 may be badged Grundig, but it is indeed made by Eton in Asia.

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

Larry W4CSC
POWER is our friend!
Old March 11th 04, 04:22 PM
Love2camp5

The Chinese crap with Grundig's name on them are no more a Grundig
radio than the Japanese crap with Hammond's name on them are Hammond
Organs.

Yes, when I bought a Grundig Yacht Boy 400PE in the fall, I thought it was the
good old German radio company. I was in for quite a surprise when I opened
it.

Linda
Pennsylvania

GE Superadios for Dummies [ GE Super Radios I - II - III ] RHF Shortwave 9 March 22nd 04 09:37 AM
YB400PE [email protected] Shortwave 7 February 5th 04 12:34 PM
Grundig Yacht Boy (YB) Radios that are offered World Wide under the Grundig Yacht Boy (YB) Brand Name RHF Shortwave 5 February 5th 04 12:23 PM
Grundig Satellit 900 -=V=- Eton E1 XM Radio RHF Shortwave 5 February 5th 04 12:14 PM
GE Superadio III earphone difficulty - and what is OHM rating Ronald Shortwave 49 January 22nd 04 07:04 PM