Old March 11th 04, 01:12 PM
N8KDV

Default (OT)MWB At Play

Received this a few minutes ago:

Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 14:04:01 +0100
Subject: Warning about your e-mail account.

Dear user of "Iserv.net" mailing system,

Your e-mail account has been temporary disabled because of
unauthorized access.

For more information see the attached file.

In order to read the attach you have to use the following password:
58615.

Cheers,
The Iserv.net team
http://www.iserv.net

Attachment Converted: C:\ISERV\EUDORA\Attach.zip

Wonder who mikewb is?

Old March 11th 04, 01:31 PM
Alex Crow

On Thu, 11 Mar 2004 08:12:16 -0500, N8KDV wrote:

Attachment Converted: C:\ISERV\EUDORA\Attach.zip

Wonder who mikewb is?

Just a virus faking your domain info. mikewb would just be someone
unfortunate enough to be in an infected computer's address book, browser
cache, etc.

Old March 11th 04, 01:37 PM
John Miller

N8KDV wrote:

Wonder who mikewb is?

It's almost certainly not the person who sent it, just FWIW

--
John Miller
Email address: domain, n4vu.com; username, jsm

Love is being stupid together.
-Paul Valery

Old March 11th 04, 02:44 PM
N8KDV

BDK wrote:

In article ,
says...
Received this a few minutes ago:

Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 14:04:01 +0100

Dear user of "Iserv.net" mailing system,

Your e-mail account has been temporary disabled because of
unauthorized access.

For more information see the attached file.

In order to read the attach you have to use the following password:
58615.

Cheers,
The Iserv.net team
http://www.iserv.net

Attachment Converted: C:\ISERV\EUDORA\Attach.zip

Wonder who mikewb is?

Yeah, he's the sme guy whos sending these same virus attached messages
to about every ISP on the planet. WTF are you drinking??

I have gotten two of these at home and dozens of them at work. They
usually say they come from support@, admin@, noreply@, managment@, and
my favorite, /net. Click on the zip file, you'll
get a surprise.

This is not a new thing Steve. You need to give it a rest with Bryant, I
really doubt he's the guy sending thousands of these messages.

Did I mention Bryant with regards to this? Hmmmmmmmm.

Old March 11th 04, 02:45 PM
BDK

In article ,
says...
Received this a few minutes ago:

Old March 11th 04, 02:46 PM
N8KDV

BDK wrote:

In article ,
says...
Received this a few minutes ago:

Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 14:04:01 +0100

[...]

Actually it's Mike W. Barraclough in the UK. He's another radio hobbyist.

Something must have latched onto his email address.

Old March 11th 04, 02:48 PM
N8KDV

BDK wrote:

In article ,
says...
Received this a few minutes ago:

Old March 11th 04, 04:47 PM
MnMikew

Steve, it looks like that guy has the Bagle virus

http://us.mcafee.com/virusInfo/defau...virus_k=101071

"N8KDV" wrote in message

BDK wrote:

In article ,
says...
Received this a few minutes ago:

Old March 11th 04, 04:50 PM
N8KDV

MnMikew wrote:

Steve, it looks like that guy has the Bagle virus

http://us.mcafee.com/virusInfo/defau...virus_k=101071

I corresponded with my ISP and they said there's a lot of that stuff going
around right now.

"N8KDV" wrote in message

BDK wrote:

In article ,
says...
Received this a few minutes ago:

Old March 11th 04, 05:04 PM
Mark S. Holden

N8KDV wrote:

I corresponded with my ISP and they said there's a lot of that stuff going around right now.

The number of viruses out recently has been incredible. I must average close to a couple dozen a day.

Many of them come to me in "bounce" messages saying mail I sent couldn't be delivered - but I'm sure none of my machines are infected.

One thing that makes it tougher to track down who has been hit is most viruses seem to pick a random name from the address book to put in as the person sending it.