Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 14th 04, 06:48 PM
Sanjaya

Default Tecsun PL-550 selectivity

"Paul_Morphy" wrote...

"Sanjaya" wrote in message
news

Ok, thank you PM.
Can we tell anything about the performance of the PL-550 by knowing it
has the dual IFs?

I question the answer you got on Yahoo about 450- and 455-kHz IFs. That
doesn't make sense. You can't infer much from the fact that a receiver is
single or dual conversion. Dual conversion is generally a better route for a
consumer-grade receiver, but there have been more lousy dual-conversion
receivers than not! The low end of the market is very competitive, but
performance-wise, there probably isn't much variation at the price points.
If you're a serious listener you'll have to spend more to get more. There
will be reviews galore when this receiver hits the streets (I couldn't find
it on the mfr's website). If there were no reviews available and I had a
budget, I guess I'd pick the receiver that offered features I would find
most useful.

"PM"

Thanks again!