Old March 15th 04, 01:54 PM
DeWayne

Default Desktop SW Loop Antennas?

I have a Torus Tuner SW loop 3-18 MHz approx. I am very pleased with this
antenna. My question is this, are there similar commercial antennas that
will possibly/probably exceed my Torus Tuner? If I can find a desktop loop
with better performance than my TT I will give it serious consideration.
What do you like?

DeWayne K9KZ

Old March 15th 04, 02:52 PM
Maximus

Hi DeWayne,
I am moving into an apartment complex where outdoor antennas are not
allowed, and you have my interest with your loop antenna. What did you pay
for the loop, and where did you find it, if you don't mind s ? THANKS

Strength and Honor

Old March 16th 04, 01:34 AM
Brian Hill

The AOR LA320 is an excellent loop that I have used. Its coverage is
1.6-15mhz. Which may or may not fit your needs. AOR also has a new one thats
called the LA-350 Its coverage is 3-30mhz. I've never tried it but if its
as good as the 320 you will be pleased.
http://www.universal-radio.com/catalog/sw_ant/1806.html

I had a Quantum loop once that was an excellent performer too.

Brian
--
Never under estimate the stimulation of eccentricity.

Brian's Radio Universe
http://webpages.charter.net/brianehill/

Old March 16th 04, 02:43 AM
Maximus

Thanks very much. It's always nice to get good information

"Strength and Honor"

Old March 16th 04, 09:53 AM
RHF

DW,

The Torus Tuner Loop Antennas are NO longer being Made.
The Torus Tuner Loop Antennas were offered by Edek Electronics,
which was a One-Man-Operation. Ed is not longer 'actively'
in business due to Age and Health Reasons.

NOTE: The Torus Turner Loop Antennas are now becoming Collectors Items.

READ: Ed Wawzinski (Torus-Tuners)

Consider the "Sony AN-LP1" Short Wave Active Loop Antenna
READ: Radio Netherlands "Review" of the Sony AN-LP1
REVIEW= http://www.rnw.nl/realradio/html/lp1.html

iane ~ RHF
..
..