Old March 21st 04, 01:54 AM
Michael Bryant

From: lex (Nobody You Know)

Good. At least when treasonous left-wing liberal scum are busy playing "Look
at
me, I'm better and smarter than you, nyah nyah nyah" with other treasonous
left-wing liberal scum, they must temporarily suspend their ongoing task of
destroying our nation, race, and religion.

Well, I think many of the teams I judged were probably "treasonous" under your
far right perspectives (that would no doubt offend even Ann Coulter!), but, as
usual your are offbase in two important ways:

1. The liberal students are making an effort to frame their arguments to
address how to take basic concepts, like theories of white privilege or US
imperialism, and address them in alternative modes that might be used to
transform means of social change.For example a number of the nation's top teams
are illustrating their arguments via personal narratives about racism or in
articulating their arguments against US imperialism in hip-hop rap. The charge
that they are locked in their ivory towers is one they are working to
transcend.

2. The Republicans' best young minds are also well-represented. Many of these
students spend their summers serving as interns to a number of Republican
senators and congress people. I actually had a team persuade me to accept an
argument that we should reelect Bush since human extinction is inevitable if we
don't adopt his policies to accelerate space exploration. Their arguments and
evidence were simply superior to the team they were debating.

Debate is a means for students of all political persuasions to refine their
argument strategy and research skills.

RRS is the place where people play the "Look at me, I'm better and smarter
than you, nyah nyah nyah" game.

Michael Bryant, WA4009SWL
Louisville, KY
R75, S800, RX320, SW77, ICF2010K,
DX398, 7600G, 6800W, RF2200, 7600A
GE SRll, Pro-2006, Pro-2010, Pro-76
(remove "nojunk" to reply)
Old March 21st 04, 01:57 AM
N8KDV

Michael Bryant wrote:

RRS is the place where people play the "Look at me, I'm better and smarter
than you, nyah nyah nyah" game.

And you play it so well!

Now come up with the stuff you threatened me with Fat Boy....

Post it!

Old March 21st 04, 03:47 AM
N8KDV

Michael Bryant wrote:

Having fun, but understanding why it's basically an activity for the young.
It's exhausting...

Yeah, really exhausting to be hanging out with the debate 'jetset' crowd. There
surely must be some Superstars that will show up in Monitoring Times in the next
few months.

I'll be looking for 'em with their postulations on the upcoming broadcast
season...

LO frickin L