Old March 25th 04, 04:52 AM
WShoots1

Here, Here, Meat and Fish lovers of North America! 'Not the most 'religious'
person here, but there's nothing in the Bible that tells me eating Beef or Fish
is one-way ticket to Hell.

The first thing Noah did, after he debarked the ark, was to fire up the barbie.

Ahh... The fragrance of the smoke is indeed soothing to the soul.

Bill, K5BY
Old March 25th 04, 10:52 PM
Stephen M.H. Lawrence

"Vic Martinez" wrote:

| Nawww, don't wash it off Steve. Hell, just eat the damn thing and let
| your immune system 'clean' it for ya!

I'm all for that! After all, as I often say of my
none - too - often shined - up coffee pot, filth
adds flavor!

73,

Steve Lawrence
Burnsville, Minnesota

---

Old March 25th 04, 10:52 PM
Stephen M.H. Lawrence

"WShoots1" wrote :
| Here, Here, Meat and Fish lovers of North America! 'Not the most
'religious'
| person here, but there's nothing in the Bible that tells me eating Beef or
Fish
| is one-way ticket to Hell.
|
| The first thing Noah did, after he debarked the ark, was to fire up the
barbie.

| Ahh... The fragrance of the smoke is indeed soothing to the soul.
|
| Bill, K5BY

Hence the ceegars, heh heh.

73,

Steve Lawrence
Burnsville, Minnesota

---

Old March 26th 04, 01:30 AM
flipper

Excellent RHF! It is nice to know that intelligent life exists in
this newsgroup, I was really beginning to wonder. I knew this wasn't
the most progressive lot in the world but I've been a bit taken back
by the scope of ignorance I've encountered.
I don't know what the number of your IQ is but it is higher than
mine - I missed 2 questions. Congrats on your accomplishment! I hope
it provided a few minutes of entertainment for you.
God Bless,
Melvin

Begging your pardon, Melvin, but how does publishing an "IQ test" without a
key to score it by constitute progressive discourse? Rather seems a bit
regressive to me. But then IQ is a funny critter that's over-rated anyway,
at least in the common mythology.

For example, animals like porpoises, pigs, horses, monkeys, dogs, et al,
have measurable IQ's, that are, granted, lower than that of "normal"
(another funny concept) human beings. However, these high IQ beings known as
humans are actively destroying the planet on which we live whereas the other
animals are not. So much for IQ...

Now EQ is something a bit more useful but I'm not aware of an inventory that
assesses it. I'd be curious to know if there is such a yardstick. 73 and
good DX.

Paul

---

Old March 26th 04, 07:41 AM
Melvin Creep

"flipper" wrote in message et...
Begging your pardon, Melvin, but how does publishing an "IQ test" without a
key to score it by constitute progressive discourse? Rather seems a bit
regressive to me. But then IQ is a funny critter that's over-rated anyway,
at least in the common mythology.

For example, animals like porpoises, pigs, horses, monkeys, dogs, et al,
have measurable IQ's, that are, granted, lower than that of "normal"
(another funny concept) human beings. However, these high IQ beings known as
humans are actively destroying the planet on which we live whereas the other
animals are not. So much for IQ...

Now EQ is something a bit more useful but I'm not aware of an inventory that
assesses it. I'd be curious to know if there is such a yardstick. 73 and
good DX.

Paul

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Point well taken Paul. I agree with your take on IQ, it's VERY
over-rated, more an ego thing than anything. I saw a study done about
members of Mensa and it was interesting how few of them had any
significant accomplishments in their lives and careers.
And yes animals are superior to humans in so many ways, one of the
many reasons I'm a vegatarian. You don't have to worry about animals
robbing, raping, murdering, lying, cheating, either. Or any number of
other charming traits we "superior" humans possess. They are God's
gift to the world and even the Holy Bible tells us that not one
sparrow dies without God taking note of it (Luke 12:6).
EQ? Hmm...Yes I think that would be easier to quantify accurately
than the proverbial, and vague, IQ. The amateur radio test required to
receive a license serves as a measuring stick to some degree by
covering a bit of electronics. One's ability to trouble shoot, read
schematics, soldering, etc. could also be factored into the mix to
determine one's EQ. Knowledge about ropagation, radio receivers,
antennas, etc. also could be used. There are lot's of ways to weed out
the pretenders. Thanks for the post Paul and all the best to you.
73's
Melvin
Old March 26th 04, 09:42 AM
RHF

FLIPPER,

"Now EQ is something a bit more useful..."

Yes, the "EQ" mite be a bit more useful
.... but you have failed to 'indentify' or Define "EQ".

es ~ RHF
..
..
= = = et...

Old March 27th 04, 05:34 AM
flipper

RHF wrote in message
om...
FLIPPER,

"Now EQ is something a bit more useful..."

Yes, the "EQ" mite be a bit more useful
... but you have failed to 'indentify' or Define "EQ".

es ~ RHF

Sure, sorry about that. Where IQ stands for "Intelligence Quotient", EQ
stands for "Emotional Quotient". Punch EQ into Google and you'll come up
with myriad hits. It's an interesting topic. And there are other Quotients
besides these two but the names escape me now. 73!

Paul

---