Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 23rd 04, 12:02 AM
BCcubed

Default SWL: THE NEXT LEVEL

Hello all,

I have been listening for about 9 months now and finally I am starting to feel
comfortable in my knowledge of shortwave and the propagation of international
broadcasts. I use a portable receiver but now want to move to the next level
with a good radio and an active SW antenna. My question is Where can I go to
trade up to a better radio? Are there sites where SWL's have swap type setups?
Can anyone give me advice about getting a used Drake, Kenwood, Yaesu, Icom,
Ten-Tec?? The new radios are nice but 1500$ is a bit too steep at this point.

73,

Neil

FA:Texas2Way 4 level Flex Decoder Clifton Turner Scanner 0 September 9th 04 01:10 AM
RRCB Threat Level Elevated to RED King Of Scots CB 2 January 11th 04 02:30 AM
Ground level antenna Peter Shortwave 14 October 15th 03 08:22 PM
Suggest a linear to boost 0.5 watts to 5 watt level. Ashhar Farhan Homebrew 0 September 21st 03 07:52 PM
The technical level of QST increases Len Over 21 Policy 2 August 29th 03 01:10 AM