Old April 4th 04, 08:02 AM
Burr

So, send me some freq.'s and times and I'll see what I get. (Please)

Burr

Telamon wrote:

AFRTS is mostly on USB. You won't hear it on AM. You live 60 miles to
the south of me and I get it daily on several frequencies. Hawaii should
be a piece of cake for you

Old April 4th 04, 09:29 AM
GO BEARCATS

Try http://www.indo.com/distance
Honolulu to Cincinnati 4434 miles (7137 km)

Thanks for the link sanjaya, I appreciate it.

~*~*Monitoring The AirWaves~*~
*****GO BEARCATS*****
Hammarlund HQ129X /Heathkit Q Multiplier
Hammarlund HQ140X
Multiple GE P-780's(GREAT BCB Radios)
RCA Victor *Strato- World*
RCA Victor RJC77W-K(Walnut Grain)
1942 Zenith Wave Magnet 6G 601M
Cathedral/ Ross#2311/Rhapsody-MultiBand
DX100/394/398/399/402
OMGS Transistor Eight/Realistic 12-1451
Henry Kloss Model One/Bell+Howell
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Alpha Delta DX Sloper 57ft.
600ft. 12AWG. (non-terminated)
120ft. 12 AWG Sloper
2 Radio Shack Loop Antennas
Radio Shack Amplified Antenna
30X30 DiamondLoop(six section 830pf Cap)
* Diamond Loop mounted to Lazy Susan TurnTable*

Old April 4th 04, 09:33 AM
GO BEARCATS

Also got a 250 watt MW station Radio Jacuipe, Bahia, Brazil, on my Kiwa MW
Loop.
That was 3,800 miles from the DX QTH

I've read some great things about that Kiwa MW Loop, isn't that the pretty
expensive antenna? Like $250-320?

Old April 4th 04, 10:32 AM
John Plimmer

Yes the Kiwa MW Loop is astonishingly effective. Often beats a well placed
1000 foot beverage.
It is now discontinued, but I think it last sold new for $350.
Now regularly sells used for $700 plus on eBay

South 33 d 47 m 540 s, East 20 d 07 m 541 s.
RX Drake R8B, SW8
BW XCR 30, Braun T1000, Sangean 818 & 803A.
Hallicrafters SX-100, Eddystone 940
GE circa 50's radiogram
Antenna's RF Systems DX 1 Pro, Datong AD-270
Kiwa MW Loop

Old April 4th 04, 12:29 PM
N8KDV

Burr wrote:

So, send me some freq.'s and times and I'll see what I get. (Please)

The sked is he

http://myafn.dodmedia.osd.mil/radio/shortwave/

Remember that the day and night indications are for the transmitter site itself,
not necessarily for your receiving location.

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

Old April 4th 04, 03:48 PM
Burr

It's 7:45 here and I'm trying both day and night from Hawaii, Nothing!!!

Here a bump from time to time.

I am 85 miles inland at the Ont. airport. I am using my Sony AN1 with
my YB 400. I also tried these freq.'s at home on the Sat 800 and the
Drake SW8 using a long wire.

So far, I just can't get them.

Old April 4th 04, 03:52 PM
N8KDV

Burr wrote:

It's 7:45 here and I'm trying both day and night from Hawaii, Nothing!!!

Here a bump from time to time.

I am 85 miles inland at the Ont. airport. I am using my Sony AN1 with
my YB 400. I also tried these freq.'s at home on the Sat 800 and the
Drake SW8 using a long wire.

So far, I just can't get them.

I'm going to have to come out there and build you an antenna system Cuzz.

Trouble is... I may not leave sunny California again!

Old April 4th 04, 04:07 PM
Burr

Come On Out.

Give you a nice business and wish you well, we got to keep it in the
family.

For Sure!!!

Burr

Old April 4th 04, 04:08 PM
Burr

PS: Been raining three days, cold and damp.

Burr

N8KDV wrote:

Burr wrote:

It's 7:45 here and I'm trying both day and night from Hawaii, Nothing!!!

Here a bump from time to time.

I am 85 miles inland at the Ont. airport. I am using my Sony AN1 with
my YB 400. I also tried these freq.'s at home on the Sat 800 and the
Drake SW8 using a long wire.

So far, I just can't get them.

I'm going to have to come out there and build you an antenna system Cuzz.

Trouble is... I may not leave sunny California again!

Armed Forces Radio & Television Service (AFRTS) William Anderson Broadcasting 1 October 20th 04 03:45 AM
Technical Question: WBCQ Vs. AFRTS Sidchase3 Shortwave 5 January 19th 04 07:02 AM
AFRTS in Italy? S Shortwave 5 December 29th 03 08:17 AM
Coffs Harbour and district ARC webpage updated Axle Jack General 0 November 1st 03 10:57 PM
Hurricane Juan at Halifax Coast Guard and Harbour Nova Scotia Robert Maskill Shortwave 9 October 7th 03 03:34 PM