Old April 8th 04, 12:44 AM
Jackie

Default DE-1102: another eBay'er is selling them for cheap

In case anyone's interested, there are some Degen DE-1102's on eBay that are
being offered by a seller in Hong Kong for $49.00 (+ $18.00 s/h). These come
with 220 to 110V adapter, earphones, small carrying case and batteries
(don't *think* this version comes with the longer plug-in antenna, though).
The seller's eBay name is shortwave411. He's only got 25 feedbacks, but so
far, they are100% positive.

He accepts Paypal, Bidpay, and bank money orders, which may make a purchase
from this seller more attractive than some of the other Chinese-based
DE-1102 sellers on eBay who only accept payments through Paypal (I don't use
Paypal myself, so I'd prefer to buy from someone who doesn't require only
this form of payment).

He's also got some Tecsun products for sale. Check out the items for sale
he http://tinyurl.com/26jnv. I haven't ordered anything from this seller
myself, but thought I would pass this on anyway.

I have the KA-1102 and I really like it. While not in the same class as the
high-end SW receivers, it's really a nice little rig for its size and price.
I'm listening to mine quite a bit and have not one complaint about it,
considering what I paid for it.

Jackie

Old April 8th 04, 01:15 AM
Dan

In article 9n0dc.214155$Cb.1839996@attbi_s51,
"Jackie" wrote:

I have the KA-1102 and I really like it. While not in the same class as the
high-end SW receivers, it's really a nice little rig for its size and price.
I'm listening to mine quite a bit and have not one complaint about it,
considering what I paid for it.

I have a silver KA-1102, and just picked up a black Degen 1102. Yeah,
I know they are the same thing, I just wanted another one. Since they
are so cheap, I can keep one at work! The other guy selling them on
eBay (Brochhi, for a BIN price of $69.99) will actually accept 49.99 as
the minimum bid. I got mine for $56 + $10 shipping, so it's actually
less than the guy in China. Plus the shipping is much faster (in the
USA).

I really like these radios also. Great sensitivity and selectivity,
good filters, great MW reception, great FM reception, low battery drain,
recharge in the radio, and the dial/keyboard backlight is extremely
clever and useful

Dan

Drake R8, Radio Shack DX-440,
Grundig Satellit 650, Satellit 700, YB400
Tecsun PL-230 (YB550PE), Kaito KA1102
Hallicraters S-120 (1962)
Zenith black dial 5 tube Tombstone (1937)
E. H. Scott 23 tube Imperial Allwave in Tasman cabinet (1936)
Old April 8th 04, 01:30 AM
Jackie

"Dan" wrote in message

I have a silver KA-1102, and just picked up a black Degen 1102. Yeah,
I know they are the same thing, I just wanted another one.

LOL... I'm trying not to buy another one myself for the same reason! Hey,
they are so cheap that you can buy one for the home, office, car, bike, etc.

Jackie