Old April 29th 04, 02:02 AM
Jackie

"Brian Hill" wrote in message

I love it! But guess what Jackie? They say it might snow soon.

Unbelievable!
Living under the jet stream makes for interesting weather.

Seriously, snow? I believe it. Lived here all my life and I know how
capricious our weather can be. If we do get a few flakes, it won't last
long, but the robins will probably look up and wonder, "crap, did I come
back too soon?"

Most of my family lives in southern AZ now, and it's hot there 9 months out
of the year, I mean seriously hot. I have easily resisted their siren call
to go live there. You can always put more clothes on to stay warm, but only
so many you can take off to stay cool (well, in public, anyway).

The only thing I really hate about winter is trying to get anywhere if there
is a snowstorm during rush hour(s) which, around the Twin Cities, means
"most of the day, except for maybe 12 noon to 2:00 pm weekdays and early
morning on the weekends". I actually like winter most of the time.
Stargazing and DXing are better in the winter by far, and I love X-country
skiing and snowshoeing along the St. Croix river valley and along the north
shore of Lake Superior.

Jackie

Old April 29th 04, 02:05 AM
Jackie

"huh1948" wrote in message

LOL you're right, I was talking to this guy today who moved up here from
Georgia and he said he's learned to always keep a jaket in his car hehe...
especially this time of year where it could be freezing in the morning and
scortching hot in the afternoon or vice-versa, but hey at least it's not
boring LOL

I had the heat on in my car full-blast when I was coming home from a
stargazing session last night at midnight; it was like 49 degrees and
chilly. When I got into my car this afternoon at 4:45 pm, I had the air
conditioning going full blast because it was 100 degrees in my car and 88
outside. Only in Minnesota! :-)

Jackie

Old April 29th 04, 02:30 AM
m II

N8KDV wrote:

When are we going to wake up and see the menace right on our border to
the north? When are we going to wake up and realise they are not our
friends? When are we going to wake up and realise they harbour those who
wish us harm?

http://washingtontimes.com/upi-break...2826-6669r.htm

**** CANADA

Do not buy Canadian, do not tour Canada, do not cross Canada to save a
few hours travel time.

BOYCOTT CANADA!

Please DO boycott! I'll do what I can to help you stop all traffic
across the border. We've been getting raped economically for years. This
is a good a time as any to put a stop to it.

Hell..Michael Eisner has even screwed Disney so bad that it's not worth
the trip, so that finishes off the tourism too.

We'll have to cut loose the 'Snow Birds' in Arizona and Florida, but
that's a small price to pay to maintain our social integrity.

As an aid to you in getting th eborder closed, you should be made aware
that ALL goods we've been shipping down there have been heavily
SUBSIDISED. We do that to harm all *your* businesses who would never
stoop so low as to ask for government money.

All minerals, oil, gas, trees, beef, agricultural products, vehicles,
software, aeronautical equipment, communications products...EVERYTHING
has been subsidised! Please put a freeze on all products NOW!

It's so bad that even our WATER is subsidised..so cross that off the
list too.

Let me know if I can do more research for you. I'll be GLAD to help you
close the border.

mike
Old April 29th 04, 02:34 AM
Brian Hill

"Jackie" wrote in message

[...]

Yep that's what they said but I kind of doubt it? I'm from N Calif and I
like it here. You learn to live with the cold just like the heat. My family
originated here so I knew what it was like. I've had friends from Cali come
in winter and can't believe how cold it gets. I feel sorry for the guys that
pound nails in the winter around here. I will say this for MN. It is a very
beautiful part of the country and clean. I like it when everything is green
and all the grass is mowed everywhere with all the little farms popping up
out of the landscape. Its neat!

--
73 Brian
Just Remember -"Gort, Klatu-barada-nikto"

Old April 29th 04, 02:55 AM
barbeque burgers

"N8KDV" wrote in message

Pierre L wrote:

Sounds like you would be a good candidate to have your own shortwave

radio
talk show

I accept PayPal donations!

But nobody gives the proverbial "doorknob wash"
better than Brother Stair !

Old April 29th 04, 03:02 AM
Beloved Leader

N8KDV wrote in message ...

When are we going to wake up and see the menace right on our border to
the north? When are we going to wake up and realise they are not our
friends? When are we going to wake up and realise they harbour those who
wish us harm?

The companies pushing BPL?
Old April 29th 04, 04:01 AM
Brian Hill

And the long complicated series of related usually negative events
continues. What will be the destiny of the Bryant / Lare saga? Only time
will tell?

That's The Way It Is...
This is Walter Cronkite and Good Night.

Old April 29th 04, 04:29 AM
Brian Colwell

"N8KDV" wrote in message
When are we going to wake up and see the menace right on our border to
the north? When are we going to wake up and realise they are not our
friends? When are we going to wake up and realise they harbour those who
wish us harm?

http://washingtontimes.com/upi-break...2826-6669r.htm

**** CANADA

Do not buy Canadian, do not tour Canada, do not cross Canada to save a
few hours travel time.

BOYCOTT CANADA!

Have you ever traveled anywhere, beyond your own back yard ? You could do a
helluva lot worse than having Canada as your neighbor !

So you don't want to buy our oil or natural gas :-(( !!

BMC

Old April 29th 04, 04:44 AM
Gray Shockley

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 17:59:47 -0500, N8KDV wrote
(in article ):

When are we going to wake up and see the menace right on our border to
the north? When are we going to wake up and realise they are not our
friends? When are we going to wake up and realise they harbour those who
wish us harm?

http://washingtontimes.com/upi-break...2826-6669r.htm

**** CANADA

Do not buy Canadian, do not tour Canada, do not cross Canada to save a
few hours travel time.

BOYCOTT CANADA!

I can think of something better to boycott.

[plonk]

Gray Shockley
----------------
DX-392 DX-398
RX-320 DX-399
CCradio+ w/RS Loop
Justice AM Antenna
Torus Tuner (3-13 MHz)
Select-A-Tenna
Vicksburg, MS US

Voice of America used to emanate from Dixon Mike Terry Broadcasting 8 December 13th 10 09:51 PM
Shakeup At Air America Radio: CEO and Program Director Out Mike Terry Shortwave 12 April 29th 04 02:56 AM
Air America N8KDV Shortwave 6 April 28th 04 08:53 PM
Air America - where every flight crashes Stephen M.H. Lawrence Shortwave 4 April 15th 04 04:20 AM
Fwd: R Prague A 04 Summer Schedule WA4009SWL Shortwave 1 March 18th 04 07:32 PM