Old April 29th 04, 02:20 AM
GO BEARCATS

Default Email from Ed Bolton (Amos-n-Andy)

I've been deeply touched by your letter.
Thank you sincerely for your kind words about my self-appointed task of
re-creating these classic "Amos 'n' Andy" programs which, although they were
listened to by the whole country when they were originally on the air, were
never recorded!
I've been doing these programs that began on March 19th, 1928 and am now up to
episode number 1,666, and I intend to keep on doing them as long as the Good
Lord gives the me the breath and energy to keep on doing them!
I've read your letter, which will be on WBCQ's program on Wednesday, May 12th
(actually, it's the night of Tuesday,
May 11th at 12 midnight, but technically, it's actually Wednesday morning
early).
Thanks also for your contribution and the letter to your newsgroup. Maybe it
will result in a few more contributions to help keep "Amos 'n' Andy" on the
air!
By the way, I also have a Hammarlund HQ-129-X; in fact, I have THREE of them!
I'm a ham radio operator and you can hear me on or around 3890, 3885 or 3880
kilocycles nightly on A.M. with my other A.M. friends, talking, after "Amos n
Andy" goes off the air at 12:15 AM. (My call-sign is WA3PUN.)
Thanks again for your beautiful letter. I shall forever cherish it.
Sincerely, Ed Bolton
************
I got this today, and it brought a smile to my face. Thought I'd share it
(since this has all been shared with the group) with you all. :-)
Some of the mail was cut out, it was of a personal nature and I didn't know if
he'd want me to post that.

~*~*Monitoring The AirWaves~*~
*****GO BEARCATS*****
Hammarlund HQ129X /Heathkit Q Multiplier
Hammarlund HQ140X
Multiple GE P-780's(GREAT BCB Radios)
RCA Victor *Strato- World*
RCA Victor RJC77W-K(Walnut Grain)
1942 Zenith Wave Magnet 6G 601M
Cathedral/ Ross#2311/Rhapsody-MultiBand
DX100/394/398/399/402
OMGS Transistor Eight/Realistic 12-1451
Henry Kloss Model One/Bell+Howell
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Alpha Delta DX Sloper 57ft.
600ft. 12AWG. (non-terminated)
120ft. 12 AWG Sloper
2 Radio Shack Loop Antennas
Radio Shack Amplified Antenna
30X30 DiamondLoop(six section 830pf Cap)
* Diamond Loop mounted to Lazy Susan TurnTable*
*21/2X2ft.FiveSpoked~Penta-Loop~PancakeLoop*

Old April 29th 04, 03:25 AM
JJ

GO BEARCATS wrote:

I've been deeply touched by your letter.
Thank you sincerely for your kind words about my self-appointed task of
re-creating these classic "Amos 'n' Andy" programs which, although they were
listened to by the whole country when they were originally on the air, were
never recorded!

Not sure which episodes are being referred to as "never recorded", but
that isn't true. They were recorded, however there are less than 60 of
the 1928-1929 known to survive, and even less from 1929-1943, so they
were recorded and some of those early recordings do still exists.

Old April 29th 04, 03:37 AM
JJ

JJ wrote:

GO BEARCATS wrote:

I've been deeply touched by your letter.
Thank you sincerely for your kind words about my self-appointed task of
re-creating these classic "Amos 'n' Andy" programs which, although
they were
listened to by the whole country when they were originally on the air,
were
never recorded!

Not sure which episodes are being referred to as "never recorded", but
that isn't true. They were recorded, however there are less than 60 of
the 1928-1929 known to survive, and even less from 1929-1943, so they
were recorded and some of those early recordings do still exists.

Just to add bit more on the A&A recordings, WMAQ in Chicago began
recording and distributing disk (12 inch 78 record) of A&A in early
1928. These Syndicated recordings were not live broadcast recordings but
were recorded by Gosden and Correll ahead of the broadcast and then
distributed to other stations. The disk were to be returned to WMAQ
after broadcast to be destroyed, that is why few survive.

Old April 29th 04, 04:41 AM
Stinger

"GO BEARCATS" wrote in message

[...]

That's really neat. I'll be listening for him.

-- Stinger

Old April 29th 04, 06:24 AM
GO BEARCATS

Not sure which episodes are being referred to as "never recorded", but
that isn't true. They were recorded, however there are less than 60 of
the 1928-1929 known to survive, and even less from 1929-1943, so they
were recorded and some of those early recordings do still exists.

You might want to let him know :-)

money lilly CB 2 January 7th 05 03:44 AM
21st Century E-Commerce Money Making Formula NeoOne Antenna 0 January 3rd 05 02:12 AM
HAMS...be aware of the AFRICAN diamond email scam, heres some info and diamond quality scam jack smith General 14 May 7th 04 12:51 AM
Shortwave group.Check up email and maildrop still valid? controle of email / maildrop adres nog geldig is. Alpha Lima Shortwave 1 April 28th 04 03:56 PM
7415AM Amos and Andy!! Eddie Haskel Shortwave 0 February 11th 04 05:15 AM