Old May 5th 04, 12:12 PM
Soames123

Default (OT ) It's amazing

That GWB & Cheney, neither of whom served in Viet Nam

Can question Kerry, who requested service in Viet Nam, and served with honor.

http://www.bushwatch.com/bushlies.htm

http://www.bushlies.com/

http://www.house.gov/appropriations_...ughtonfilm.htm

Old May 5th 04, 12:22 PM
N8KDV

Soames123 wrote:

That GWB & Cheney, neither of whom served in Viet Nam

Can question Kerry, who requested service in Viet Nam, and served with honor.

Hardly amazing at all! Simply by serving in Vietnam (or any other conflict for
that matter) does not confer upon anyone immunity from criticism.

I don't recall reading anything like that in the paperwork when I signed up!

Nice try Liberal Leftist! Try again!

Old May 5th 04, 02:33 PM
T. Early

"Soames123" wrote in message

That GWB & Cheney, neither of whom served in Viet Nam

Can question Kerry, who requested service in Viet Nam, and served

with honor.

Maybe a smart guy like you can help me out. Can you show me any
instances where either Bush or Cheney has questioned Kerry's Vietnam
service? I've been looking without success, but I figure you wouldn't
have posted this if you weren't aware of a couple. TIA.

http://www.bushwatch.com/bushlies.htm

http://www.bushlies.com/

http://www.house.gov/appropriations_...ughtonfilm.htm

Careful, you're stealing Canadian mike's act, assuming you guys are
different. He's usually the one who makes a post and then follows it
with links that have nothing to do with the post. As a matter of
fact, that house democratic site is one of -his- favorites too.

Old May 5th 04, 08:06 PM
MnMikew

Hey dummy, it's not GWB or Cheny questioning it, its the people Kerry SERVED
with who are questioning it. Funny they don't mention honor when talking
about his service.

Old May 5th 04, 08:17 PM
MnMikew

"-=jd=-" wrote in message
On Wed 05 May 2004 07:12:04a, (Soames123) wrote in
message :

That GWB & Cheney, neither of whom served in Viet Nam

Can question Kerry, who requested service in Viet Nam, and served with
honor.

http://www.bushwatch.com/bushlies.htm

http://www.bushlies.com/

http://www.house.gov/appropriations_...ughtonfilm.htm

How did you reach the conclusion that criticism of Kerry by GWB & Cheney
has anything to do with Kerry's military service?

Plus, the text string "Kerry" doesn't appear anywhere in the links you
provided.

Although there has been plenty of administration criticism of Kerry's
congressional record (which is fair game), I don't recall the
administration criticizing his military service.

I have noticed, however, that whenever Kerry finds himself painted in a
corner on some topics that are totally unrelated to his military service,
he has tried on occasion to spin it into an attack on his military service
somehow in order to deflect attention from the original question. Perhaps
Kerry should stop bringing it up?

Kerry served in the military, just like any number of others have before,
during and since. But that service does not grant him immunity from
criticism of his pre and post service activities, nor should it muffle
anyone else's freedom of speech to express opinions about Kerry.

Nicely stated JD.

Old May 6th 04, 07:11 AM
longwave

MnMikew wrote:

"Bill Everhart" wrote in message

So you would apologize to those tortured? Right

Bush did just that today.

Really? Every report I've seen says the apology was conspicuous by it's
absence.