Old May 8th 04, 12:39 PM
GO BEARCATS

I wonder if he's just a little sensitive.

Why sure Frank. But he's fair. One in here emailed me and said he had heard Ed
years ago and that the characters didn't sound good (didn't sound like the
originals -like Ed prides himself in and has worked hard to sound *just like
them*.

His reply was something to the affect of "the guy is absolutely right" but then
went on to explain why he sounded like that back then, it was fifteen years ago
if I remember right.

So he is fair, and yes he is sensitive. ;-)

Sorry Linus about the reply to your post, I put Pumpkin, I've been up all night
I forgot your name is Linus.:-)

~^Monitoring The Spectrum^~
Hammarlund HQ129X /Heathkit Q Multiplier
Hammarlund HQ140X
Multiple GE P-780's(GREAT BCB Radios)
RCA Victor *Strato- World*
RCA Victor RJC77W-K(Walnut Grain)
1942 Zenith Wave Magnet 6G 601M
Cathedral/ Ross#2311/Rhapsody-MultiBand
DX100/394/*SUPER*398/399/402
OMGS Transistor Eight/Realistic 12-1451
Henry Kloss Model One/Bell+Howell
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Alpha Delta DX Sloper 57ft.
600ft. 12AWG. (non-terminated)
120ft. 12 AWG Sloper
2 Radio Shack Loop Antennas
Radio Shack Amplified Antenna
30X30 DiamondLoop(six section 830pf Cap)
* Diamond Loop mounted to Lazy Susan TurnTable*
*21/2X2ft.FiveSpoked~Penta-Loop~PancakeLoop*

Old May 8th 04, 08:04 PM
Gary

A search at the US Copyright Office shows that several dozen
Amos'n'Andy shows still have renewed copyrights on them. The
Amos'n'Andy Show has been available on CD for quite some time and can
be purchased from: http://www.radiospirits.com/
Old May 11th 04, 08:40 AM
GO BEARCATS

A search at the US Copyright Office shows that several dozen
Amos'n'Andy shows still have renewed copyrights on them. The
Amos'n'Andy Show has been available on CD for quite some time and can
be purchased from: http://www.radiospirits.com/

Sorry Gary, been through this before. I don't know how to actually answer it
because 'A&A' is a difficult program to say "there ares shows or "there are
cd's."

Bottom line: there is NO ONE in th wwwwwwwwworld that does what he does when it
comes to "Amos-n-Andy"....no one.

I will cut-n-paste what you said and will give you the reply. It will be my
last in doing this.:-)

~^Monitoring The Spectrum^~
Hammarlund HQ129X /Heathkit Q Multiplier
Hammarlund HQ140X
Multiple GE P-780's(GREAT BCB Radios)
RCA Victor *Strato- World*
RCA Victor RJC77W-K(Walnut Grain)
1942 Zenith Wave Magnet 6G 601M
Cathedral/ Ross#2311/Rhapsody-MultiBand
DX100/394/*SUPER*398/399/402
OMGS Transistor Eight/Realistic 12-1451
Henry Kloss Model One/Bell+Howell
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Alpha Delta DX Sloper 57ft.
500ft. 12AWG. (non-terminated)

Old May 12th 04, 02:21 AM
GO BEARCATS

I will cut-n-paste what you said and will give you the reply. It will be my
last in doing this.:-)

Here it is Gary. Remember, this is from Ed. I knew he'd have the answer. If you
talk about "Amos-n-Andy" you better know what you're talking about, because I
know he does. ;-)

OK , here's your ammunition: HE DOESN'T KNOW WHAT HE'S TALKING ABOUT!
Radio Spirits has Amos n Andy broadcasts that were on CBS in the 40's and are a
HALF-HOUR LONG! Some of them feature guest movie actors, etc. with a live
orchestra and live audience applauding and laughing in chorus.
I have some of those programs in my own collection.
However, they were NOT THE FIRST FIFTEEN-MINUTE versions of A&A, which were
NEVER RECORDED!
This guy's just a "CRANK"! He just wants to pick apart everything I'm doing,
because he's a typical politically-correct LIBERAL!!!
He's an example of why Amos n Andy is not being broadcast anywhere on any radio
stations. It's precisely this attitude which has poisoned the atmosphere for
Amos n Andy.
Yet it's OK for the low-lives who dominate television and radio and CD's these
days to use foul language, use sexual references, swear and take the name of
our Lord our God in vain and even to kill each other (as in "Ice Tea killing
his rap rival recently out of jealousy)...........NONE of which Amos n Andy are
guilty of!
Amos n Andy are God-fearing people. They never use foul language, nor do they
take the name of the Lord in vain. They don't use drugs or alcohol. They never
refer to sex; they only fall in love with a woman, and Amos is faithful to Ruby
Taylor, even though Andy can't get his act together, but that's part of the
comedy in the ongoing story.
This guy's a "crank"!
And as far as copyrights are concerned, these programs I'm doing have been
ruled IN THE PUBLIC DOMAIN, so once again, this guy's FULL of it!
Ed

Old May 12th 04, 05:14 AM
JJ

GO BEARCATS wrote:

Here it is Gary. Remember, this is from Ed. I knew he'd have the answer. If you
talk about "Amos-n-Andy" you better know what you're talking about, because I
know he does. ;-)

OK , here's your ammunition: HE DOESN'T KNOW WHAT HE'S TALKING ABOUT!
Radio Spirits has Amos n Andy broadcasts that were on CBS in the 40's and are a
HALF-HOUR LONG! Some of them feature guest movie actors, etc. with a live
orchestra and live audience applauding and laughing in chorus.
I have some of those programs in my own collection.
However, they were NOT THE FIRST FIFTEEN-MINUTE versions of A&A, which were
NEVER RECORDED!

Well, even Ed isn't entirely correct, the early A&A shows were recorded
for syndication. This is from Elizibeth McLeod's web site, who knows
more about A&A than anyone on the planet, including Mr Ed. "Arrangements
were made with Marsh Laboratories of Chicago to make advance recordings
of each episode on 12" 78rpm discs -- which would be distributed to
subscribing stations for airing in synchronization with the live
broadcast from WMAQ."
So the shows were recorded, however as explained in an earlier post, the
recordings were to be destroyed after use, and that is why only a few
(less than sixty) are known to survive.

Old May 12th 04, 04:15 PM
Gary

Sorry I misunderstood the real topic. My concern was that I, myself,
had recently received an email from the copyright holder of an old tv
series that I was selling on ebay. Problem was, I purchased the set I
had from a reliable video store and was only selling the set I
purchased. I wasn't making any copies but was threatened by a big
lawsuit. Just wanted to give a friendly warning but now see I didn't
understand what you were talking about. My apologies.