Old May 7th 04, 06:10 PM
el lector se guarda

Earth sends signal to alien life
http://www.cnn.com/2002/TECH/space/0...communication/

--
el lector se guarda

Amateur Radio is the best back-up
communications system in the world,
and that's the way it is. Walter Cronkite

"Super ****ed Dad" wrote in message
What kind of transmission would we use to communicate in space ? Ham,

Cellular

Old May 7th 04, 06:18 PM
Mediaguy500

What kind of transmission would we use to communicate in space ? Ham,
Cellular

I don't think it's necessarilly the type of transmision, but the frequencies.

Shortwave wouldn't be good at night for signals from outer space since the
ionosphere would just reflect them back into outer space, in my opinion.

VHF and UHF frequencies would probably be good for that.

Old May 8th 04, 08:55 AM
Ken

Mark is exactly right, it is Project JOVE.

Mediaguy500 wrote:
Yeah, from outer space. Sure!

On the other hand IT IS FROM OUTER SPACE. ;-)

actually, I wouldn't doubt that. He never said it was from "space

aliens"
although that is probably what he meant.

No that's not what I meant, I never said anything about aliens.

But I wouldn't rule out the radio transmission as really coming from

outer
space.

After all, didn't President Bush say that he wanted to establish some

kind of
base on the moon? Maybe he's already got it up there working.

There are several things we have in the works that they don't tell us about.

If you do a google search on "Project Jove" you'll find information
about listening to signals from Jupiter.

Old May 8th 04, 09:07 AM
Ken

Dale,
I haven't tried to listen to it during the day, they were scheduled to
increase the power last night sometime. It's close to - but not actually a
ham band. Its available only to the men in black. ;-) Project JOVE

"Dale Parfitt" wrote in message

"Ken" wrote in message
Listen! Use wideband fm. It's pulsing - sounds like radar? It's a
government reserved freq ONLY. Very interesting ;-)

Are you hearing it during the daytime? If so, how does the signal

penetrate the F layer? If from space(?), you should hear it only after

the
band closes down.
in the evening. And all this time I thought 14.2 was part of the 20M

amateur
band.
Dale W4OP

Old May 8th 04, 02:03 PM
Greg

From: "Ken"
Newsgroups: rec.radio.shortwave
Date: Sat, 08 May 2004 08:07:11 GMT
Subject: 14.200 FM from outer space

Dale,
I haven't tried to listen to it during the day, they were scheduled to
increase the power last night sometime. It's close to - but not actually a
ham band. Its available only to the men in black. ;-) Project JOVE

Ken - the info I have says the 20 meter ham band is 14.150 - 14.350 voice
and down to 14.0 CW for extra class, thought this may be outdated. Of
course, that's not in FM mode.

Old May 8th 04, 02:37 PM
N8KDV

From: "Ken"
Newsgroups: rec.radio.shortwave
Date: Sat, 08 May 2004 08:07:11 GMT

Dale,
I haven't tried to listen to it during the day, they were scheduled to
increase the power last night sometime. It's close to - but not actually a
ham band. Its available only to the men in black. ;-) Project JOVE

Ken - the info I have says the 20 meter ham band is 14.150 - 14.350 voice
and down to 14.0 CW for extra class, thought this may be outdated. Of
course, that's not in FM mode.

14.200 is in the 20 meter ham band.

The Apollo Hoax FAQ darla General 0 July 22nd 04 12:14 PM
Ham radio-carrying rocket hopes to reach space May 17 Leland C. Scott CB 67 May 18th 04 05:12 PM
The 2003 ARRL Frequency Measuring Test Schedule - just in case any of you are in outer space 10-4GoodBuddy Shortwave 4 November 21st 03 04:54 PM
Amateur Radio Newsline™ Report 1367 – October 24 2003 Radionews Dx 0 October 26th 03 08:37 AM
Amateur Radio Newsline™ Report 1367 – October 24 2003 Radionews Dx 0 October 26th 03 08:37 AM