Old May 8th 04, 08:06 PM
N8KDV

From: uncle arnie

Think twice, post once.

That's twice as much as Steve is capable of!

And you Fat Boy... Think one, fabricate twice?

Old May 8th 04, 08:08 PM
N8KDV

uncle arnie wrote:

On Sat, 08 May 2004 12:47 pm -0600 UTC, N8KDV
posted: %MM

uncle arnie wrote:

On Sat, 08 May 2004 12:37 pm -0600 UTC, N8KDV
posted: %MM

John Doty wrote:

Jay wrote:
Sorry my questions caused you so much anger. I was asking if anyone
could tell me about what is going on at the VOA and if anyone could
report on any signals they might still be able to receive for VOA.
They seemed like reasonable questions for this forum.

Shortwave has pretty much disappeared from this newsgroup. Nearly all
posts are by closed-minded ideologues berating each other. The best
way I know of to identify a fool is that fools like to argue with
people they consider to be fools.

I answered his question did I not? Did I not point him in the right
direction with the schedule info? Did I not tell him to turn his radio
on? Did I not tell him that the VOA is heard on a regular basis?

Once again I have to ask, should I go help him tune his radio and write
reception reports for him?

The thread is not about what a hero you are.

When have I ever claimed to be a 'hero', retard?

Your repeated post with the same content labels you. You're correct, your
posting behavior merits descriptions other than 'hero' for doing do.
Please recognize that your posts on this thread are repetitive. You want
recognition that you "answered his question did [you] not? ....". So it is
recognized that you're repeatedly posted this. So helpfully. So many
times. Thanks so much!

And here's another piece of what you cut:

Think twice, post once.

And you've still provided no useful info on the VOA...

Old May 8th 04, 08:10 PM
uncle arnie

On Sat, 08 May 2004 01:08 pm -0600 UTC, N8KDV
posted: %MM

John Doty wrote:

Jay wrote:
[...]

Yes I have. see:
quoted below.

From April/2004 Monitoring Times:
John Figliozzi writes on p 44 (summary in my words):

From April/2004 Monitoring Times:
John Figliozzi writes on p 44 (summary in my words):

He called it "death by 1000 cuts".
VOA's already reduced to 19 hrs/day will soon be cut to 14. Smith-Mundt

Act
(I'm not familiar with this) which means the changes are done out of

public
view. The board of governors**(mixture*of*commercial*broadcasters*and
political appointees) prefer spending $ on obscure commercial-sounding
propaganda outlets instead (Radio Free Asia, R. Farda, R. Sawa etc [I

don't
know what the etc might be]).**Other*languages*are*also*being*cut.**He
wondered if the funding cuts for VOA is b/c their charter maeans gov't
can't interfere and funding other outlets is subject to no such
constraints.**He*suggests*writing*to*gov't*represe ntatives.**

---
I'm guessing these cuts have occurred and continue.**I*don't*generally
pursue VOA but have noticed I don't come across it as much when going

after
other stations.**
He called it "death by 1000 cuts".
--
-UA

Old May 8th 04, 08:14 PM
N8KDV

John Doty wrote:

Jay wrote:
[...]

From April/2004 Monitoring Times:
John Figliozzi writes on p 44 (summary in my words):

From April/2004 Monitoring Times:
[...]

That's nice, but hardly useful for someone trying to tune the VOA in on a
radio....

Nice try...

Old May 8th 04, 08:26 PM
uncle arnie

On Sat, 08 May 2004 01:14 pm -0600 UTC, N8KDV
posted: %MM

Jay wrote:
[...]

From April/2004 Monitoring Times:
John Figliozzi writes on p 44 (summary in my words):

From April/2004 Monitoring Times:
[...]

The original post contained the following:

What are the details of what has happened at VOA and are there any
transmissions still receivable in the Northeast USA?

I answered the first part. You repetitively answered the second, and not
nicely. Notice that the original poster's initial response about "causing
you so much anger".

Old May 8th 04, 08:28 PM
uncle arnie

On Sat, 08 May 2004 01:16 pm -0600 UTC, N8KDV
posted: %MM

From: uncle arnie

No.
Just stop repeating this over and over.
--

If you haven't figured it out by now, the NG's Master DX Centurion isn't
original enough to avoid his words ad infinitum.

At least I am a Master DX Centurion...

And my hero!

Old May 8th 04, 08:30 PM
N8KDV

Jay wrote:
[...]

From April/2004 Monitoring Times:
John Figliozzi writes on p 44 (summary in my words):

From April/2004 Monitoring Times:
[...]

I have absolutely no control over what his initial response was, retard. And I
was not, and am not angry... get over it ****wad.