Old May 15th 04, 06:52 AM
Telamon

In article ,

From: "-=jd=-"

He has his point of view and he articulates it well. I'm not required to
agree with him. He's not required to agree with anything I write either.
However, no-one gains anything by degrading the validity of their opinions
by resorting to vitriol and personal insult. I just think that when
someone posts with a level of common courtesy, you *should* feel compelled
to reciprocate, whether you agree with them or not. There's certainly a
glaring lack of common courtesy in society today and there's absolutely
nothing wrong with demonstrating some when you get a chance. That's all
I'm saying.

This from someone that has never rebuked Steve Lare for his daily common
courtesies. In fact, JD has gone out of his way to tell me that it was my
respomsibility, since I asked for it. All you're doing JD is showing how
inconsistent and hypocritical you really are.

As Stinger suggested, I have pointed out many of the same arguments. I don't
usually engage in insults until the other party initiates them. I sure don't
see you calling out folks like N8KDV, Teleamon, Tracy Fort or RHF for their
insult-laden posts. I guess that's because they're on your side, right.

What a putz!

Whatever you say Mikey! Nobody insults more people than you on a daily
basis. Nobody starts more off topic threads than you do. Nobody has as
many off topic threads started with their name in it. You must be proud
to be the most successful Troll in RRS history.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old May 15th 04, 02:00 PM
Tom Betz

Quoth "-=jd=-" in
:

However, no-one gains anything by degrading the validity of their opinions
by resorting to vitriol and personal insult.

You will note that I'm not responding to any of the vitriol.

I long ago recognized that none of the vitriolic posters here ever said
anything of value; if you had not responded to them, I'd never have known
about them at all.

As you have said, everyone loses from such exchanges.

--
"I am afeard there are few die well that die in a battle; for how can they
charitably dispose of anything when blood is their argument? Now, if these
Old May 15th 04, 05:01 PM
Stinger

"Michael Bryant" wrote in message

SNIP
What a putz!

And thank you for proving my point, Michael! Please show me where I threw
the first pitch. When you run out of ideas, there's always name-calling,
huh? You just can't resist it.

Like JD, I do appreciate civil discourse without name-calling. However,
once again, you have illustrated how you lower the bar, then whine when
someone swats back (or does the same).

Michael, I don't think I've ever seen you get into much more than a
two-response thread without slamming the other poster's intelligence,
reading comprehension, etc., and though many do respond in a like manner,
I've yet to see some posters reply in-kind. You probably don't realize
this, but it's almost down to a formula. If I had time to waste, I could
build a "check sheet" for an MWB response.

That's awfully tiresome drivel from somebody that fancies himself as a
professional (with credentials) in debating.

My disagreement with JD's opinion on Betz's post is not about tone, it's
about factual content, which is close to nil. Give me facts, THEN present a
case for opinion based on the facts. Betz posts opinion, and the facts are
completely missing (and for good reason -- he's wrong). I don't debate
fiction.

-- Stinger

Old May 15th 04, 08:07 PM
Michael Bryant

From: "-=jd=-"

He has his point of view and he articulates it well. I'm not required to
agree with him. He's not required to agree with anything I write either.
However, no-one gains anything by degrading the validity of their
opinions by resorting to vitriol and personal insult. I just think that
when someone posts with a level of common courtesy, you *should* feel
compelled to reciprocate, whether you agree with them or not. There's
certainly a glaring lack of common courtesy in society today and there's
absolutely nothing wrong with demonstrating some when you get a chance.
That's all I'm saying.

This from someone that has never rebuked Steve Lare for his daily common
courtesies. In fact, JD has gone out of his way to tell me that it was
my respomsibility, since I asked for it. All you're doing JD is showing
how inconsistent and hypocritical you really are.

And I have never rebuked *YOU* for doing the _exact_ _same_ _thing_. It
has been my observation that you have started most every flame-fest you've
been involved in within RRS. So not "no" , but "HELL NO!", I'm not going
to defend someone who apparently does not have the slightest comprehension
of the word hypocrite when they try to apply it incorrectly to others. In
any event, anyone with a penchant for initiating flame-fests by being the
first to sling arrows is not worthy of defending. Yeah - I'm the hypocrite
because I won't stick up for *you* when you set your own butt on fire.

I didn't ask you to stick up for me, JD. That's an example of how you "bend
words." I simply asked why you don't throw the same taunts at my discourse that
you seem to hold back from others. I've yet to see you hold ANYONE on your
"political side" to the same standards that you demand from me. Not one. Ever.

Perhaps you can enlighten me as to why a "College-Level Debate Coach"
should require a third-party to defend him in *any* debate? Exactly why is
it *my* responsibility to defend you? Please explain. I'll try not to soil
myself from suppressing the uncontrollable laughter.

As Stinger suggested, I have pointed out many of the same arguments. I
don't usually engage in insults until the other party initiates them.

It has been my observation that you are the first to turn vitriolic and/or
insulting in most every flame-fest involving you. That you even wrote that
line is patently incredulous. It borders on blatant narcissism.

Jesus Christ! I'm insulted and attacked in here by Lare and friends (and I'm
beginning to put you in that group)daily. You've seem to continue now with
insults about my "college level debate coach" past whether I say anything or
not. Not a day goes by that you don't INITIATE more insulting reminders of how
you feel about me. But I always iniate them, right? Do you REALLY believe that
I initiate every conflict? With Steve Lare? Geez, there goes any hope for your
objectivity, whatsoever! Oh yeah, I was the first to turn vitriolic when
dealing with the likes of Tracy Fort, right? Saying things like that greatly
diminishes any credibility you might seek for your well-expressed, but wrong,
perspectives.

sure don't see you calling out folks like N8KDV, Teleamon, Tracy Fort or
RHF for their insult-laden posts. I guess that's because they're on your
side, right.

What a putz!

*WHO* have I "called out" for their "insult-laden" posts? What are you
blathering about now? Where have I "called out" anyone for the insult-
content of their posts?

You've called me out daily every day for the last week for making insult-laden
vitriolic posts. Don't you read your own posts? (Read the post I'm responding
to!!) Try to divert all you want, but why don't you apply the same critique to
people on your side of the political divide??

I may be a "putz" in your view, but at least I'm not a "college-level
debate-coach". Now, go insult some more people, ya hypocrite!

See?! There are many people, mostly on your side, that have defended for more
insult-laden forms of discourse. I don't start every dialogue with insults,
though I will utilize them when people can rise to no higher level. Where are
the critiques of discourse applicable to the insults coming from N8KDV, Tracy
Fort, RHF, or Telamon, to just name a few? Some of those people you can't
possibly say I initiate the insults with since I haven't responded to some of
them for months.

Why so one-sided, Mr. Rationality? You call me a drama-queen, but you seem to
be doing a damn fine job of doing that by abandoning any objectivity in your
race to arrive at the more credible insult.

And, yes sir, you are being an INCREDIBLE hypocrite. Your one-sided attempt at
objectivity in discourse standards is a clear window into your own biases.

And you're just WRONG on most things no matter how you dress up your ideas.

Sheesh!

-=jd=-
--
My Current Disposable Email:

(Remove YOUR HAT to reply directly)

Michael Bryant, WA4009SWL
Louisville, KY
R75, S800, RX320, SW77, ICF2010K,
DX398, 7600G, 6800W, RF2200, 7600A
GE SRll, Pro-2006, Pro-2010, Pro-76
(remove "nojunk" to reply)
Old May 15th 04, 08:13 PM
N8KDV

From: "-=jd=-"

[...]

And no matter how you tried to dress it up you still lied about that PhD.

You are a liar and a fabricator! You have absolutely no business teaching anywhere.
You are a disgrace to the educational sytem.

Old May 15th 04, 08:13 PM
Michael Bryant

From: "Stinger"

Like JD, I do appreciate civil discourse without name-calling. However,
once again, you have illustrated how you lower the bar, then whine when
someone swats back (or does the same).

JD is hardly without any responsiblilty. I defy you to see how far back you
have to go to find some posts of his to me where he isn't being insulting.

Michael, I don't think I've ever seen you get into much more than a
two-response thread without slamming the other poster's intelligence,
reading comprehension, etc., and though many do respond in a like manner,
I've yet to see some posters reply in-kind. You probably don't realize
this, but it's almost down to a formula. If I had time to waste, I could
build a "check sheet" for an MWB response.

And you know (or at least you said so in backchannels!) that there are others
in this NG who you don't have to wait until the second response before they
belittle you with insults. Why don't you berate them the same way you do me. In
public, that is. Is it because they're on your side?

That's awfully tiresome drivel from somebody that fancies himself as a
professional (with credentials) in debating.

My disagreement with JD's opinion on Betz's post is not about tone, it's
about factual content, which is close to nil. Give me facts, THEN present a
case for opinion based on the facts. Betz posts opinion, and the facts are
completely missing (and for good reason -- he's wrong). I don't debate
fiction.

-- Stinger

My disagreement with JD's opinion on Betz's post is not about tone, it's
about factual content, which is close to nil. Give me facts, THEN present a
case for opinion based on the facts. Betz posts opinion, and the facts are
completely missing (and for good reason -- he's wrong). I don't debate
fiction.

-- Stinger

But you accept OPINION on your side as FACT. Betz provides more supporting
FACTS than does JD's OPINIONS. but you treat JD's discourse as factual. How can
you even pretend to be objective?