Old May 18th 04, 01:39 AM
Diverd4777

Default [ OT ] Is Environmentalism a religion?

[ OT ] Is Environmentalism a religion?

Read the whole article:

http://www.sepp.org/NewSEPP/GW-Aliens-Crichton.html

( excerpt below)

In past centuries, the greatest killer of women was fever following
childbirth . One woman in six died of this fever. In 1795, Alexander Gordon
of Aberdeen suggested that the fevers were infectious processes, and he was
able to cure them. The consensus said no. In 1843, Oliver Wendell Holmes
claimed puerperal fever was contagious, and presented compelling evidence.
The consensus said no. In 1849, Semmelweiss demonstrated that sanitary
techniques virtually eliminated puerperal fever in hospitals under his
management. The consensus said he was a Jew, ignored him, and dismissed him
from his post. There was in fact no agreement on puerperal fever until the
start of the twentieth century. Thus the consensus took one hundred and
twenty five years to arrive at the right conclusion despite the efforts of
the prominent "skeptics" around the world, skeptics who were demeaned and
ignored. And despite the constant ongoing deaths of women.

His intent is to make you think, considering ideas outside the herd...

NOT follow the herd your already in..

In article , Dan

ubject: [ OT ] Is Environmentalism a religion?
From: Dan
Date: 17 May 2004 19:11:22 -0500

On Mon, 17 May 2004 17:35:37 -0500, "Stinger"

From: "Stinger"

Do a Nexus search. You'll see that in the 1970's that the fear was

"Global
Cooling." It was actually a cover story for Time magazine.

And you'll see that that research was sponsored by the CIA to counter

global
warming scientists who were starting to emerge in the early 70's. Some of

the
reports even encouraged CO2 emissions to "balance out" cooling trends. Do

search on a guy named Idso.

The CIA?!!

Good grief, Michael -- whenever the evidence goes against the liberal belief
system, they start seeing black helicopters.

The problem with liberal "environmentalists" is that their belief system can
arguably be called a religion. That's why you have a tough time with data
that doesn't fit your belief system.

Don't take my word for it, though. Here are some remarks by Michael
Crichton (author of "The Terminal Man" and "The Andromeda Strain") that are
very thought-provoking.

-- Stinger

Remarks to the Commonwealth Club
By Michael Crichton

San Francisco
September 15, 2003

GREAT POST!!!!

I have saved this gem.

Dan

Grundig S800, S650, S700, YB400, YB550PE
Degen DE1102, Kaito KA1102
Drake R8, Radio Shack DX-440
Hallicrafters S-120 (1962)
Zenith black dial 5 tube Tombstone (1937)
E. H. Scott 23 tube Imperial Allwave in Tasman cabinet (1936)

Old May 18th 04, 01:54 AM
Diverd4777

Here's something That probably sailed over most heads...
as an sntidote to " Bad Science" or "Science by Consensus "

http://www.sepp.org/NewSEPP/GW-Aliens-Crichton.html
. .
/...
Just as we have established a tradition of double-blinded research to
determine drug efficacy, we must institute double-blinded research in other
policy areas as well. Certainly the increased use of computer models, such
as GCMs, cries out for the separation of those who make the models from
those who verify them. The fact is that the present structure of science is
entrepreneurial, with individual investigative teams vying for funding from
organizations that all too often have a clear stake in the outcome of the
research-or appear to, which may be just as bad. This is not healthy for
science.

Sooner or later, we must form an independent research institute in this
country. It must be funded by industry, by government, and by private
philanthropy, both individuals and trusts. The money must be pooled, so that
investigators do not know who is paying them. The institute must fund more
than one team to do research in a particular area, and the verification of
results will be a foregone requirement: teams will know their results will
be checked by other groups. In many cases, those who decide how to gather
the data will not gather it, and those who gather the data will not analyze
it. If we were to address the land temperature records with such rigor, we
would be well on our way to an understanding of exactly how much faith we
can place in global warming, and therefore with what seriousness we must
address
this.

Old May 18th 04, 11:43 AM
Diverd4777

More on Global Warming..

http://www.npr.org/features/feature.php?wfId=1893089

May 14, 2004 -- There's a sharp difference of opinion among scientists about
global warming and the risks it may pose. A few scientists say scenarios of
rapid climate change are unwarranted. But others are worried that rising levels
of carbon dioxide could trigger a sharp and painful change in the Earth's
climate. Scientists are influenced by the way they interpret data, but also by
their broader world views

On 18 May 2004 00:39:10 GMT, (Diverd4777) wrote:

His intent is to make you think, considering ideas outside the herd...

NOT follow the herd your already in..

I know, that's why I said GREAT POST! My hope is that others will
read it and question the Environmentalism Religion herd they are
following.