Old May 19th 04, 12:36 AM
N8KDV

Dan wrote:

On Tue, 18 May 2004 09:58:47 -0400, Dave Holford
wrote:

I've seen reports from Russia, UK, West Coast of North America, France,
Germany, Australia and New Zealand in the last couple of days.

Wow. That's great. I didn't know that.

I wonder if Glenn Hauser will have any info on this?

I just did a search of his site, up and down that frequency range and found
nothing.

But possibly it's listed some other way.

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

Old May 19th 04, 12:40 AM
SouthBound

N8KDV wrote in
:

wrote:

I've seen reports from Russia, UK, West Coast of North America,
France, Germany, Australia and New Zealand in the last couple of
days.

Wow. That's great. I didn't know that.

I wonder if Glenn Hauser will have any info on this?

I just did a search of his site, up and down that frequency range and
found nothing.

But possibly it's listed some other way.

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

I'm hearing it right now in west Kentucky (23:41z) and it's barely above
the noise. Of course, I'm only using about 10 ft of random wire.

Truly is the weirdest thing I've ever heard.
Old May 19th 04, 12:47 AM
N8KDV

wrote:

I've seen reports from Russia, UK, West Coast of North America, France,
Germany, Australia and New Zealand in the last couple of days.

Wow. That's great. I didn't know that.

I wonder if Glenn Hauser will have any info on this?

You might email him and report it, and/or query him about it:

Old May 19th 04, 01:42 AM
Jeff Seale

SouthBound wrote:

N8KDV wrote in
:

wrote:

I've seen reports from Russia, UK, West Coast of North America,
France, Germany, Australia and New Zealand in the last couple of
days.

Wow. That's great. I didn't know that.

I wonder if Glenn Hauser will have any info on this?

I just did a search of his site, up and down that frequency range and
found nothing.

But possibly it's listed some other way.

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

I'm hearing it right now in west Kentucky (23:41z) and it's barely above
the noise. Of course, I'm only using about 10 ft of random wire.

Truly is the weirdest thing I've ever heard.

If you'd be interested, I have a spectrogram of this signal that I can
e-mail to you. I captured it with Visualisation Software's Spectrogram
application.
Old May 19th 04, 01:44 AM
Diverd4777

I think it's The Mother Ship...

Old May 19th 04, 02:35 AM
starman

wrote:

I've seen reports from Russia, UK, West Coast of North America, France,
Germany, Australia and New Zealand in the last couple of days.

Wow. That's great. I didn't know that.

I wonder if Glenn Hauser will have any info on this?

Dan

I was the first to report a very similar signal to GH about 20-years
ago. Back then we thought it might be a new kind of OTH radar. The
signal I'm hearing now (5/19 0130-UTC) changes tones faster than the old
one from the 80's but it's the same principle. I think it's an
ionospheric test signal.

Old May 19th 04, 02:56 AM
SouthBound

wrote:

I've seen reports from Russia, UK, West Coast of North America, France,
Germany, Australia and New Zealand in the last couple of days.

Wow. That's great. I didn't know that.

I wonder if Glenn Hauser will have any info on this?

Dan

I was the first to report a very similar signal to GH about 20-years
ago. Back then we thought it might be a new kind of OTH radar. The
signal I'm hearing now (5/19 0130-UTC) changes tones faster than the old
one from the 80's but it's the same principle. I think it's an
ionospheric test signal.

I've posted on down the group about this... check out this site, it's what
we are hearing...

http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/brogers/page6.html

Old May 19th 04, 03:43 AM
Tony Meloche

SouthBound wrote:

wrote:

I've seen reports from Russia, UK, West Coast of North America, France,
Germany, Australia and New Zealand in the last couple of days.

Wow. That's great. I didn't know that.

I wonder if Glenn Hauser will have any info on this?

Dan

I was the first to report a very similar signal to GH about 20-years
ago. Back then we thought it might be a new kind of OTH radar. The
signal I'm hearing now (5/19 0130-UTC) changes tones faster than the old
one from the 80's but it's the same principle. I think it's an
ionospheric test signal.

I've posted on down the group about this... check out this site, it's what
we are hearing...

http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/brogers/page6.html

Could be . . . but not knowing for sure makes it all the more
intriguing.
Loud and clear here in the SW corner of Michigan at 0240.

Tony
Old May 19th 04, 04:17 AM
Jeff Seale

Tony Meloche wrote:

SouthBound wrote:

wrote:

[...]

The sound sample on that site sounded just like what I heard here.
However, this frequency isn't listed on that site - yet.

Jeff Seale
Satellit 800, YB550PE, BC780, Pro95
Louisville, KY
Old May 19th 04, 09:28 AM
HiFi

I also thougt about the "Backwards Music Station", but I know it only
through the example on Broger´s page.

The ENIGMA 2000 code for this station is "XM".

A sked can be found he
http://www.cvni.net/radio/skeds/output/XM.current.txt

Maybe s.o. can compare the transmissions on the sked with 10.512 MHz, for me
they´re a bit late at night!

"Jeff Seale" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Tony Meloche wrote: