Old July 11th 04, 12:51 AM
garigue

..
Personally, I believe Amateur Radio Licenses should cost $75 per year for
regulatory fees and the Commission should elimanate testing. I also

believe
that is how it will eventually be in the near future.

73,

me

Hello me ??????? oh well .........

You have an excellent suggestion there regarding the 75 bucks a year. That
would get the Feds the kind of enforcement clout that would have all the
echo chambers, illegal KW users, freebanders, shrimp boat screw-ups, 25
alternator pick-ups, 10 meter truckers, illegal 11 meter bums ETC. running
for the hills, burying their illegal rigs under the manure pile and getting
into leather working or beanie babies. The enforcement WAS that way. I
know a lot of people in the past who got hit with $500 (1965 dollar) fines.
So me you have a very positive idea there ...one that I would have no
trouble with. IF one really wanted to be a ham then 75 clams would be a
bargain. However the cheep-Os would be squealing like a greased pig if this
were to pass. Also the testing could be given back to the FCC where it
belonged in the first place where, like I said before, shenanigans could
be minimized.

Testing elimination ? ...... probably not for a while but one thing I would
suggest is that with the funds the present 11 meter system could be shut
down permanently and placed up on UHF where CB would realize its original
intent.

Take care all ...... KI3R Tom Popovic Belle Vernon Pa

Old July 11th 04, 01:30 AM
me

I have a joke for you guys...What does a 200 lb canary say??

answer

cheap cheap cheap!!! hahahaha!!!

.

Old July 11th 04, 02:46 AM
Mike Coslo

Dee D. Flint wrote:
"Mike Coslo" wrote in message

Dee D. Flint wrote:

"Mike Coslo" wrote in message

[snip]
This is America, and you are allowed to ask any price you want for what
you sell. The buyer can also offer any price they want.

I would suggest that if a person is firm on all their prices, and
doesn't want to deal, they might want to sell retail.

Unless, of course, their price is already ridiculously low. I was

selling a

used tuner at a hamfest for 1/4 of what a new one would be as I simply
didn't like it, wanted to get a different one, and wanted to be sure to

sell

it. A guy tried to bargain me down but I simply told him that we both

knew

what they sold for both new and used and I wasn't budging. He forked

over

the asking price.

At 1/4 price, sure! I usually won't buy above 1/2 of currently
manufactured price. Elswise, I'm happy to buy new, with a warrantee and
I'm also not buying someone elses problems. My main point in this whole
discussion is that there are a lot of sellers that seem to hate buyers.
The Carny vs Rube thing.

- Mike KB3EIA -

My point was that he STILL tried to bargain me down even though we both knew
it was already lower than it should have been.

That's when you tell him that for any better prices, your "good deal
manager" is a lady named Helen Waite. If he wants a better price, he has
to go to ........... 8^)

- Mike KB3EIA -

Old July 11th 04, 04:02 AM
me

I didn't say anyone did, you did my boy.

ME

"JJ" wrote in message
me wrote:

Since when does the US care about so called ``treaties."

Since when does anyone here care about you?

Old July 11th 04, 12:58 PM
Dee D. Flint

"Mike Coslo" wrote in message
[snip]

Dee D. Flint wrote:

My point was that he STILL tried to bargain me down even though we both

knew
it was already lower than it should have been.

That's when you tell him that for any better prices, your "good deal
manager" is a lady named Helen Waite. If he wants a better price, he has
to go to ........... 8^)

- Mike KB3EIA -

Nah, I'm too polite for that. Besides he bought it at the price I had.

Dee D. Flint, N8UZE