Old July 16th 04, 10:45 PM
dxAce

"Mike Pearson " wrote:

dxAce wrote:

In addition to that, Rush has a 4.8 share vs. Air America's 1.7 share in NYC.

This just may have something to do with all the free advertising Rush
gets. Every time I start my car, a little light on the dash goes on:

"Airbag"

I used to see one referring to the Clintons: Twin Airbags

dxAce

Old July 17th 04, 12:16 AM
Burr

I don't dislike him, I just don't have time to listen to him.

--
Burr

Vote "RIGHT"
Vote Republican

"Brian Hill" wrote in message

"Burr" wrote in message

"dxAce" wrote in message

Burr wrote:

Do you listen to Rush?

Sure do. Listening right now.

dxAce

Love you BUT, you got to much time on your hands.

--
Burr

Vote "RIGHT"
Vote Republican

Do you like Rush Burr?

--
73 and good DXing.
Brian

Old July 17th 04, 12:18 AM
dxAce

Burr wrote:

I don't dislike him, I just don't have time to listen to him.

Run a tape, Cuzz.

--
Burr

Vote "RIGHT"
Vote Republican

"Brian Hill" wrote in message

Old July 17th 04, 02:03 PM
Tom Betz

Quoth dxAce in :

In addition to that, Rush has a 4.8 share vs. Air America's 1.7 share in
NYC.

12+ ratings are meaningless to advertisers. The demo most followed is 25-54.

From http://musicradio.computer.net/wwwboard/messages/238604.html,
normally a reliable source for such things:

Ratings for 10-3:
25-54 WABC 2.7 WLIB 2.2

Ratings for 3-7:
25-54 WABC 3.1 WLIB 2.2

So as you can see, WLIB (a 30,000 watt station with a not-so-great signal) is
doing quite respectably against the WABC 50,000 watt powerhouse in the 25-54
demo, considering that the rating is for only its second month carrying the
new format. Considering that Clear Channel, not known to tolerate money-
losing formats, just this week put Air America (basically the same schedule
they have had great success with on Portland OR's KPOJ) on its Miami WINZ, I
think we can safely say that reports of Air America's demise have been
greatly exaggerated.

--
"I am afeard there are few die well that die in a battle; for how can they
charitably dispose of anything when blood is their argument? Now, if these
Old July 17th 04, 02:40 PM
dxAce

Quoth dxAce in :

From http://musicradio.computer.net/wwwboard/messages/238604.html,
normally a reliable source for such things:

Ratings for 10-3:
25-54 WABC 2.7 WLIB 2.2

Ratings for 3-7:
25-54 WABC 3.1 WLIB 2.2

So as you can see, WLIB (a 30,000 watt station with a not-so-great signal) is
doing quite respectably against the WABC 50,000 watt powerhouse in the 25-54
demo, considering that the rating is for only its second month carrying the
new format. Considering that Clear Channel, not known to tolerate money-
losing formats, just this week put Air America (basically the same schedule
they have had great success with on Portland OR's KPOJ) on its Miami WINZ, I
think we can safely say that reports of Air America's demise have been
greatly exaggerated.

Personally, I'd trust Drudge's figures before I'd trust some stats on a message
board.

dxAce

Old July 17th 04, 03:59 PM
Brian Hill

"Burr" wrote in message
I don't dislike him, I just don't have time to listen to him.

--
Burr

Vote "RIGHT"
Vote Republican

I don't agree with everything but a lot of what he says is right on.

Brian

Old July 19th 04, 03:34 PM
Tom Betz

dxAce wrote in :
Personally, I'd trust Drudge's figures before I'd trust some stats on
a message board.

There's no accounting for bad taste.

Drudge reported only the 12+ demo.

--
|I always wanted to be someone,| Tom Betz, Generalist |
|but now I think I should have | Want to send me email? |
Old July 19th 04, 06:10 PM
David

Al Franken claims they are the #2 talker in NYC and that Bill O'Reilly
is in the ****ter.

On Fri, 16 Jul 2004 11:40:47 -0400, "Mark S. Holden"
wrote:

Hi

Air America ratings continue to drop - they had a 2.2 share in April, a 1.7 in May, and a 1.2 in June. (from Drudge)

At this rate, they could have lower ratings than Profit Stare by October.

Old July 19th 04, 08:18 PM
Tom Betz

dxAce wrote in :
Personally, I'd trust Drudge's figures before I'd trust some stats on
a message board.

There's no accounting for bad taste.

Claudia Perry, who posted at that URL I gave, writes on radio for the
Newark Star-Ledger.

Drudge reported only the 12+ demo -- Claudia gave the whole story.

Old July 19th 04, 08:23 PM
dxAce

Tom Betz wrote:

dxAce wrote in :
Personally, I'd trust Drudge's figures before I'd trust some stats on
a message board.

There's no accounting for bad taste.

Claudia Perry, who posted at that URL I gave, writes on radio for the
Newark Star-Ledger.

Drudge reported only the 12+ demo -- Claudia gave the whole story.

You just can't stop whining, can you?

Keep drinking the Kool-Aid.

dxAce

Air America -- Good Ratings in NY! Frank Dresser Shortwave 21 June 7th 04 12:12 PM
Shakeup At Air America Radio: CEO and Program Director Out Mike Terry Shortwave 12 April 29th 04 02:56 AM
Air America N8KDV Shortwave 6 April 28th 04 08:53 PM
Air America - where every flight crashes Stephen M.H. Lawrence Shortwave 4 April 15th 04 04:20 AM