Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old August 7th 04, 11:59 AM
I was against it before I was for it

Default Shortwave newbie..

On Thu, 05 Aug 2004 00:53:32 GMT, Gordon K wrote:

Hello,
lately I've been looking around on the web for information on
shortwave. I'm new to shortwave and looking to find a good reciever,
however being a college student I'm on a budget. I'm more looking for
something portable but, really the major factor is price.

What are some good brands/models in the sub $100 or $150 dollar range?

Or generally where/what should I look for in a good radio?

Thanks in advance..

The best sub $100.00 radio is the Degen DE - 1102, no other radio
comes close. If you can spend about $150.00 the Sony 7600GR is the one
to pick. I own the following radios:

DE 1102
YB550
YB500
YB400
YB300
Grundig Mini200
Tecsun R-919
Saegan 909
Sony SW100
DX399 - a very nice small portable
Sony 7600GR
and a host of small lesser known radios.

Tabletop radios

Kenwood R-5000
Kenwood R-600
Kenwoor R-1000
Drake R8B
Hallicrafters SX-28
Hallicrafters SX-100
Hallicrafters S-40B

plus 60+ radios from the 20's to the 30's

I know, it a sickness ( according to my wife and children )

Newbie: question about old shortwave converter schematics Rick Andrews Shortwave 6 December 13th 03 08:21 PM
Newbie ask advices for shortwave "sailing" radio Al Patrick Shortwave 1 September 9th 03 07:23 AM
I wonder... mike Shortwave 8 September 5th 03 04:38 AM
shortwave newbie needs help please. radio newbie Shortwave 4 August 20th 03 05:50 AM
Newbie question: shortwave coils and modification of an am radio Lungshot1 Shortwave 1 July 18th 03 08:17 PM