Old August 11th 04, 05:33 PM
PittViper

Default Need advice

Hi,

I have a Sony ICF 2010 in perfect working condition. I am thinking of
selling it, as I need the cash right now.

But, what I also want to know is: What is the BEST sw receiver,
portable, out there right now. Is it the sony SW 77? What is the
best for all around use and flexibility. With the best filtering,
etc...

What would be a good starting bid price for the 2010 on ebay?

TIA,

Viper
Old August 11th 04, 09:36 PM
Al Patrick

Is he better off to "start it" at a high minimum or just set a reserve?
As the old saying goes, it ain't where it starts but where it stops.
If we start it too high we may not get any bids at all. If we don't
meet our reserve we don't have to sell it, but still have some activity
on it. One could also change his mind and decide to accept a lower bid
if one is fairly close. Finally, there's the possibility that someone,
under the influence of the feeding frenzy, might bid just a bit higher
than he'd be willing to start.

Al

==========

dxAce wrote:

PittViper wrote:

Hi,

I have a Sony ICF 2010 in perfect working condition. I am thinking of
selling it, as I need the cash right now.

But, what I also want to know is: What is the BEST sw receiver,
portable, out there right now. Is it the sony SW 77? What is the
best for all around use and flexibility. With the best filtering,
etc...

What would be a good starting bid price for the 2010 on ebay?

They go all the way up to $300 +

You shouldn't have any trouble getting rid of it.

Start it at whatever minimum you'd like to at least obtain for it.

dxAce

Old August 11th 04, 09:41 PM
Al Patrick

Viper,

You don't mention where you are located, which might help. There could
be a guy next door who'd like that exact radio.

Secondly, Radios are like women. There is no BEST one for everyone.
People have preferences. Some prefer the rich full sound of one radio
and some prefer a different sound or tone. Some want all the bells and
whistles. Some want one that is VERY easy on batteries. Get the radio
that fills YOUR needs. You can get a lot of suggestions and opinions,
but ultimately you must decide what is BEST for you.

Al

Old August 11th 04, 10:28 PM
dxAce

Al Patrick wrote:

Is he better off to "start it" at a high minimum or just set a reserve?

Personally, I'd set it at $150 minimum, and let it rip...

But that's me, not him. He'll have to decide on his own.

dxAce

Old August 12th 04, 02:28 AM
Mark

Mr. Viper...

You ask what is the best portable sw radio available? Some might say that
the one you're trying to sell is close to the best! Especially if its in
perfect condition still.

I have an ICF-2001D (this is exactly the same radio as ICF-2010), had it
since 1986. It's better than my SW-55 in many ways, even though somewhat
older.

I haven't bought a portable for a few years now, so, sure there may be
something better out there....

Mark.

om...

Old August 12th 04, 02:41 PM
lsmyer

Back in May 2003, I listed my year-old Sony ICF-2010 on eBay with an opening
bid of $0.01 and $0 reserve. I put the words "No reserve" in the item
description. It was a seven-day auction. I put several good pictures of the
radio in the listing and wrote up a very passionate product description.

By the time the auction ended, a bidding war had taken place and the final
bid (including shipping) was $470! That was $70 more than I originally paid
for the radio a year ago when it was new!

The winner got a nice radio, but other radios just as good as mine went for
less money. The whole eBay experience is based upon greed and the need to
win. If you play the game right, you can work your buyers into a frenzy.
They enjoy the game and you enjoy the financial rewards. Truly a win-win.

And if for some reason there's little interest in your radio, then you can
cancel the auction at any time and re-list your item at another date.

Have fun and good luck!