Old August 22nd 04, 12:30 PM
Mark S. Holden

William H. Everhart III wrote:

Telamon, Curious if you could answer a hypothetical question for me.
If Bush had Kerry's war record and Kerry had Bush's would that be
enough for you to swing your vote to Kerry?

Not addressed to me, but a good question.

A better reason to vote for President Bush is Senator Kerry's Senate
voting record.

However, Senator Kerry is the one who keeps making his service in
Vietnam a major issue in this campaign.

As long as this is the case, the Swift Vets are likely to keep telling
their side of the story.

So which version of Sen. Kerry's "Christmas in Cambodia" is your favorite?

Old August 22nd 04, 12:33 PM
dxAce

"Mark S. Holden" wrote:

William H. Everhart III wrote:

Telamon, Curious if you could answer a hypothetical question for me.
If Bush had Kerry's war record and Kerry had Bush's would that be
enough for you to swing your vote to Kerry?

Not addressed to me, but a good question.

A better reason to vote for President Bush is Senator Kerry's Senate
voting record.

However, Senator Kerry is the one who keeps making his service in
Vietnam a major issue in this campaign.

As long as this is the case, the Swift Vets are likely to keep telling
their side of the story.

So which version of Sen. Kerry's "Christmas in Cambodia" is your favorite?

There are so many to choose from, it's hard to decide. ;-)

dxAce

Old August 22nd 04, 12:53 PM
dxAce

dxAce wrote:

"Mark S. Holden" wrote:

William H. Everhart III wrote:

Telamon, Curious if you could answer a hypothetical question for me.
If Bush had Kerry's war record and Kerry had Bush's would that be
enough for you to swing your vote to Kerry?

Not addressed to me, but a good question.

A better reason to vote for President Bush is Senator Kerry's Senate
voting record.

However, Senator Kerry is the one who keeps making his service in
Vietnam a major issue in this campaign.

As long as this is the case, the Swift Vets are likely to keep telling
their side of the story.

So which version of Sen. Kerry's "Christmas in Cambodia" is your favorite?

There are so many to choose from, it's hard to decide. ;-)

I'm fairly certain though that all of them are 'seared --- seared into his
memory' though!

dxAce

Old August 22nd 04, 02:50 PM
Drifter

my team was in and out of Cambodia about 5 or 6 times
before tricky dick said we were there. LRRP. some times
we humped it from Bam-Be-tuit (sp?), maybe a chop drop, and-
(wait for it)- swift boat... when you do the SOG route,
you use what you can get. once we humped it in from
LZ-English. 3 days. then we laid on a hilltop for 6 more.
never even fired a shot. no commo. we followed up on some
bad info from the civie ops out of Cam Rohn Bay. OMG- been so
long i can't remember the spelling of most of these places.
Metals? hell, i got a box full. when i finally make it to the
"WALL", they will be left for the real heroes...
Drifter...
Old August 22nd 04, 06:28 PM
Stephen M.H. Lawrence

"Tom Betz" wrote

(snippage of words nuttier than squirrel ****, in the
interest of brevity)

Where was John Effing Kerrnedy on Christmas Eve
and Christmas Day, 1968?

73 'n stuff,

--
Steve Lawrence
KAØPMD

(NOTE: My email address has only one "dot."
You'll have to edit out the one between the "7"
and the "3" in my email address if you wish to

---

Old August 22nd 04, 06:30 PM
Stephen M.H. Lawrence

"William H. Everhart III" wrote:
| Telamon, Curious if you could answer a hypothetical question for me.
| If Bush had Kerry's war record and Kerry had Bush's would that be
| enough for you to swing your vote to Kerry?

I know, I know, you didn't ask me, but I just can't resist:

I would not vote for Bush if he'd lied about being in Cambodia
on Christmas Eve, 1968.

73,