Old August 21st 04, 03:22 AM
Steve St. Denis

Default Wanted software for Yaesu VR-5000

I'm looking for freeware and commercial software for programming the Yaesu
VR-5000 receiver, Also any other software that I could use with this radio,
any help would be appreciated.
Regards,
Steve

Old August 22nd 04, 02:43 AM
michael agner

I know Scancat tried it and gave up - and this is the only thing I
know of that should work. If this doesn't meet your needs, join the
VR5000 Yahoo group - who knows, they may have something there...
Anyway, check this out:

http://www.g4hfq.co.uk/ftbvr5k.html

73s and GL....Mike
Strong Signals software page editor

Old August 22nd 04, 03:16 AM
Steve St. Denis

Thanks Mike for the feed back, I found the link you sent me a little while
ago, also found this one http://www.trx-manager.com/index.html so I have two
to choose from so far, I joined the VR-5000 yahoo groups but I think
everyone is on vacation these vr5000 groups are not busy at all, but any way
thanks for the info.
Steve

Old August 22nd 04, 05:13 AM
Gary S.

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 22:16:19 -0400, "Steve St. Denis"
wrote:

Thanks Mike for the feed back, I found the link you sent me a little while
ago, also found this one http://www.trx-manager.com/index.html so I have two
to choose from so far, I joined the VR-5000 yahoo groups but I think
everyone is on vacation these vr5000 groups are not busy at all, but any way
thanks for the info.
Steve
I know Scancat tried it and gave up - and this is the only thing I
know of that should work. If this doesn't meet your needs, join the
VR5000 Yahoo group - who knows, they may have something there...
Anyway, check this out:

Once you join one, you can go to the Yahoo Groups site and look
through the archives and files for that group.

Happy trails,
Gary (net.yogi.bear)

Gary D. Schwartz, Needham, MA, USA
Old August 22nd 04, 06:59 AM
Jim Hackett

That particular group is s-l-o-w. It can take over a week for your post to
show up, then over another week to see a reply to your question. I don't
believe the moderator has his heart in it. I( have a VR-5000 and love it but
it's not the radio to own if you want to control it from your computer. If
you look in the back of the crappy manual you will see that there are only a
small handful of commands that can be passed to the radio. As far as I
know, about the only game in town is the one you already know about.
Yaesu really dropped the ball on this one. OTHERWISE, it is a fine radio
once you figure out how to use it...

LCF Software Wanted Howard Homebrew 10 April 17th 04 06:27 PM
LCF Software Wanted Howard Homebrew 0 April 14th 04 10:28 PM
programming software wanted for MAXTRAC [email protected] Equipment 0 February 16th 04 01:48 PM
FREE Log software wanted Tom - KS5x Equipment 2 December 28th 03 01:59 AM
FREE Log software wanted Tom - KS5x Equipment 0 December 25th 03 01:31 AM