Old August 21st 04, 03:14 PM
Ken Wilson

Default Radio Canada International

Am I the only one who is getting ready to stop listening to RCanadaI because
of the horrible broadcast quality. Hum is terrible & audio is distorted.
13.655 mhz is strongest here in KY but that means I hear more Hum.

I really enjoy Vinyl Cafe & Qirks / Quarks but I hate the audio .

73, Ken

Old August 21st 04, 03:19 PM
dxAce

Ken Wilson wrote:

Am I the only one who is getting ready to stop listening to RCanadaI because
of the horrible broadcast quality. Hum is terrible & audio is distorted.
13.655 mhz is strongest here in KY but that means I hear more Hum.

Sounds pretty good here. Good signal.

dxAce

Old August 21st 04, 03:28 PM
dxAce

dxAce wrote:

Ken Wilson wrote:

Am I the only one who is getting ready to stop listening to RCanadaI because
of the horrible broadcast quality. Hum is terrible & audio is distorted.
13.655 mhz is strongest here in KY but that means I hear more Hum.

Sounds pretty good here. Good signal.

I do hear a bit of hum on certain broadcast items though.

dxAce

Old August 21st 04, 03:34 PM
Jack Painter

"dxAce" wrote in message

dxAce wrote:

Ken Wilson wrote:

Am I the only one who is getting ready to stop listening to RCanadaI

because
of the horrible broadcast quality. Hum is terrible & audio is

distorted.
13.655 mhz is strongest here in KY but that means I hear more Hum.

Sounds pretty good here. Good signal.

I do hear a bit of hum on certain broadcast items though.

dxAce

Powerful, clear and excellent sounding signal here.

Jack
Virginia Beach VA

Old August 21st 04, 03:40 PM
dxAce

Jack Painter wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

dxAce wrote:

Ken Wilson wrote:

Am I the only one who is getting ready to stop listening to RCanadaI

because
of the horrible broadcast quality. Hum is terrible & audio is

distorted.
13.655 mhz is strongest here in KY but that means I hear more Hum.

Sounds pretty good here. Good signal.

I do hear a bit of hum on certain broadcast items though.

dxAce

Powerful, clear and excellent sounding signal here.

I was using one of the R8B's and can detect a bit of hum when no audio is
being transmitted. I turned on the R7 and using the 8 kHz filter the hum is a
bit more apparent, but not really noticing any distortion.

dxAce

Old August 21st 04, 03:47 PM
Ken Wilson

The Hum is there @ 1440 on 13.655. The distortion went away around 1418. The
Hum at that time was more of a Buzz than a Hum.
Must just be my crappy receivers G

73, Ken

dxAce wrote in message

Jack Painter wrote:

Old August 21st 04, 05:30 PM
David

RCI is on Sirius satellite a couple times a day via WRN and As It
Happens is carried on PRI via Sirius.

Old August 21st 04, 06:30 PM
Ken Wilson

Does it have the same Hum on the signal as via the Sackville transmitters?

I am going to get a Sirius setup if the NHL can get their dispute with the
players Union settled.

73, Ken

Old August 21st 04, 09:53 PM
uncle arnie

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 08:14 am -0600 UTC, Ken Wilson
posted: %MM

Am I the only one who is getting ready to stop listening to RCanadaI
because of the horrible broadcast quality. Hum is terrible & audio is
distorted. 13.655 mhz is strongest here in KY but that means I hear more
Hum.

I really enjoy Vinyl Cafe & Qirks / Quarks but I hate the audio .

73, Ken

What are you listening with?
--
-
Old August 21st 04, 09:59 PM
Jack Painter

"Ken Wilson" wrote in message
The Hum is there @ 1440 on 13.655. The distortion went away around 1418.

The
Hum at that time was more of a Buzz than a Hum.
Must just be my crappy receivers G

73, Ken

At 1700 EDT I'm getting too many stronger stations on both sides to hear
13655 well.

Jack

dxAce wrote in message

Jack Painter wrote: