Old September 4th 04, 04:17 PM
DesignGuy

Default Unid. Chinese station on 7270

I received an unknown Chinese station on 7270 Khz at 1055 GMT 29 August
2004. I believe it to be Nei Menggu PBS, but can't make out the ID. It had
the trademark 5 low + 1 high pips on the hour. Audio was pretty
distorted/overmodulated. Broadcast was in Mandarin.

Anyone ID this station?

Old September 5th 04, 02:50 AM
Brian Hill

"dxAce" wrote in message

Hey, Fat Boy... if you're going to be a real DX'er you'd better learn that
RTM-Sarawak is in MALAYSIA... NOT Indonesia.

Additionally, NASWA breaks up Malaysia into three different countries,

Malaysia,
Sabah and Sarawak.

LMAO...

dxAce

LOL!! That's some funny ****!! I bet his QSL pile is pretty skimpy.
LMAO!!!!!!!!!

B.H.

Old September 5th 04, 03:07 AM
dxAce

Brian Hill wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

Hey, Fat Boy... if you're going to be a real DX'er you'd better learn that
RTM-Sarawak is in MALAYSIA... NOT Indonesia.

Additionally, NASWA breaks up Malaysia into three different countries,

Malaysia,
Sabah and Sarawak.

LMAO...

dxAce

LOL!! That's some funny ****!! I bet his QSL pile is pretty skimpy.
LMAO!!!!!!!!!

It probably is. Another note to DesignGuy... Sarawak may indeed be using Iban or
Bidayuh at that time, though in further checking I would have to agree that it
is probably Iban, and that would be their 'Green Network'. As a guess I rather
doubt that the language would contain the phrase 'guangbo dientai', but it is
possible, as part of an ID since Chinese is spoken in Malaysia, though it is not
listed as being carried by that network.

dxAce

Old September 7th 04, 07:24 PM
DesignGuy

"DesignGuy" wrote in message
I received an unknown Chinese station on 7270 Khz at 1055 GMT 29 August
2004. I believe it to be Nei Menggu PBS, but can't make out the ID. It had
the trademark 5 low + 1 high pips on the hour. Audio was pretty
distorted/overmodulated. Broadcast was in Mandarin.

Upon further analysis, it appears that this station is relaying another
China program and is being used as a jammer. This would explain the
overmodulated audio being broadcast over another Mandarin-language station,
though it could also be a legitimate broadcast of their home service. Not
Nei Menguu has I had originally suspected, since no ID was heard to back
that up.

The ILG database (public version) had a couple of listings for Chinese
jammers on that frequency.

Old September 7th 04, 07:28 PM
dxAce

DesignGuy wrote:

"DesignGuy" wrote in message
I received an unknown Chinese station on 7270 Khz at 1055 GMT 29 August
2004. I believe it to be Nei Menggu PBS, but can't make out the ID. It had
the trademark 5 low + 1 high pips on the hour. Audio was pretty
distorted/overmodulated. Broadcast was in Mandarin.

Upon further analysis, it appears that this station is relaying another
China program and is being used as a jammer. This would explain the
overmodulated audio being broadcast over another Mandarin-language station,
though it could also be a legitimate broadcast of their home service. Not
Nei Menguu has I had originally suspected, since no ID was heard to back
that up.

The ILG database (public version) had a couple of listings for Chinese
jammers on that frequency.

The Chinese have certainly ramped up their transmitter capacity in the last few
years, many of them dedicated solely to jamming purposes.

Much as the Russians did in years past.

dxAce

WMLT radio station celebrates 60 years Mike Terry Broadcasting 0 January 5th 05 05:43 PM
a great read Happy camper CB 1 November 19th 04 02:51 PM
FCC Amateur Radio Enforcement Letters for the Period Ending May 1, 2004 private General 0 May 10th 04 09:39 PM
FS: Palomar 225 Pack Rat CB 12 September 16th 03 06:43 PM
I also need Diy plans for a 300 watt linear BR549 CB 2 September 16th 03 06:37 PM