Old September 5th 04, 03:37 AM
Michael Lawson

Default How Things Change

Wow. I haven't read this group in about 4 years (was a regular
back then), and it's rather interesting how things have changed.

Back then, the big on topic discussion was the Satellit 800, and
the big off topic discussion was the neo-nazis and white
supremacists.

Now, it seems that the 'ol 800 has dropped off the map, and
the big off topic discussion is bush v. kerry in it's many
forms.

To be honest, I'm amazed that the group hasn't imploded, since
it came very close to having all posters leave for yahoo groups
for moderation purposes. I don't suppose any other old timers
are around??

--Mike L.

Old September 5th 04, 03:53 AM
Stereophile22

Wow. I haven't read this group in about 4 years (was a regular
back then), and it's rather interesting how things have changed

It's my understanding that shortwave radio itself has also changed inbetween
the time I stopped listening to it (due to equipment failure years ago) and the
time I once again had the capability to listen to it (more recently).

I don't suppose any other old timers
are around??

It depends on what you mean by "old timers". If you mean on this newsgroup,
then I'm not an old-timer, as I've only been on this newsgroup recently.

If you mean shortwave listening, then I'm an "old timer" as I started listening
to shortwave radio in either the late 60's or early 70's. I think it was more
towards the early 70's as I think that's when I first regularly had access to a
shortwave radio.

around early 1971, if I recall correctly.

Old September 5th 04, 04:06 AM
Michael Lawson

Actually, I meant old-timer as far as the group goes.
I know that there are tons of old timers still around
the hobby (judging by the crowd at Dayton every year).

--Mike L.

Old September 5th 04, 05:38 AM
Burr's Burp

"Michael Lawson" wrote in message
Wow. I haven't read this group in about 4 years (was a regular
back then), and it's rather interesting how things have changed.

Back then, the big on topic discussion was the Satellit 800, and
the big off topic discussion was the neo-nazis and white
supremacists.

Yes things have changed. Politics and pr0n seem
to be the rule of the day in NG's since RH cleaned up
all the mess' on 20 and 75 Meters. I guess all
we need now is links to the new al-queda beheading
video which is now up on www.ogrish.com (...er...whoops! sorry

Old September 5th 04, 03:55 PM
David

Some would say Bush is a NeoNazi.

Old September 5th 04, 04:36 PM
Stephen M.H. Lawrence

"David" wrote in message
| Some would say Bush is a NeoNazi.

And some would say that juggling hand
grenades constitutes sensible recreation.

73,

--
Steve Lawrence
KAØPMD

(NOTE: My email address has only one "dot."
You'll have to edit out the one between the "7"
and the "3" in my email address if you wish to

---

Old September 5th 04, 04:45 PM
CW

Yep, been here about 7 years. Really hasn't changed much. the topics of
discussion just move on to current ones.

Old September 5th 04, 05:41 PM
dxAce

David wrote:

Some would say Bush is a NeoNazi.

Only total idiots such as yourself.

dxAce

Old September 5th 04, 06:39 PM
Michael Bryant

From: "CW" noadddress@spam free.com

Yep, been here about 7 years. Really hasn't changed much. the topics of
discussion just move on to current ones.

You seem to be making fewer overtly racist posts these days. I'll give Bush
that, he seems to have refocused your, and others in this NG, racist hatred
abroad.

Michael Bryant, WA4009SWL
Louisville, KY
R75, S800, RX320, SW77, ICF2010K,
DX398, 7600G, 6800W, RF2200, 7600A,
Degen 1102, Degen 1103, GE SRll,
Pro-2006, Pro-2010, Pro-76
(remove "nospam" to reply)
Old September 5th 04, 06:45 PM
Brian Hill

From: "CW" noadddress@spam free.com

Yep, been here about 7 years. Really hasn't changed much. the topics of
discussion just move on to current ones.

You seem to be making fewer overtly racist posts these days. I'll give

Bush
that, he seems to have refocused your, and others in this NG, racist

hatred
abroad.

Hey Mr. Fabricator! Have you ever reported him to his ISP?

B.H.