Old September 17th 04, 03:23 AM
Juan Gonzalez

Default Strange signal on 7238khz

There have been other posts about this and it's even been mentioned by Art
Bell. Right now I'm listening to it with a Sony 7600GR at 7238 khz USB. The
strange thing is I can only hear it when I'm in the same room where I have
the computer. I compared with other frequencies and there is nothing else
making the same sound. If I leave the room with the radio then it fades
away. I'm not an expert in radio waves so I wonder if anyone has some
explanation. Can the computer or monitor attract some signals? The radio is
about 6 feet away and there is no interference on any other signals I've
listened to. This just seems very strange. I get the same results using a
Kaito 1102. It also shows up on 7237 all the way to 7240 but is strongest
on 7238 and 7239.
Old September 17th 04, 03:57 AM
m II

Juan Gonzalez wrote:
There have been other posts about this and it's even been mentioned by Art
Bell. Right now I'm listening to it with a Sony 7600GR at 7238 khz USB. The
strange thing is I can only hear it when I'm in the same room where I have
the computer. I compared with other frequencies and there is nothing else
making the same sound. If I leave the room with the radio then it fades
away. I'm not an expert in radio waves so I wonder if anyone has some
explanation. Can the computer or monitor attract some signals? The radio is
about 6 feet away and there is no interference on any other signals I've
listened to. This just seems very strange. I get the same results using a
Kaito 1102. It also shows up on 7237 all the way to 7240 but is strongest
on 7238 and 7239.

This frequency MAY be more than a coincidence. Perhaps your signal is
related?

Speaking of the '7238 birdie, where does it come from? It would appear
to emanate from the BFO synthesizer, Q1031. The fact that adjusting the
PBT causes this birdie to shift would tend to validate this theory.
Another theory proposes that this signal is somehow related to harmonic
of the 22.625 MHz reference oscillator interacting with the LO/IF in
some manner.

http://www.ussc.com/~turner/ft817_oops.html

..let the cat out to reply..

©Densa International