Old September 22nd 04, 07:37 PM
Mike Terry

Default A polite request to rec.radio.shortwave contributors...

Please be aware that not everyone on this newsgroup lives in the US and much
of the "political" stuff posted here is completely incomprehensible to us
and anyway it is not what we want to read as we are shortwave radio
enthusiasts.Lets keep this newsgroup on topic please, think radio, think
shortwave!

Many thanks

Mike (in the UK)

Old September 22nd 04, 10:28 PM
m II

MnMikew wrote:

brewhaha.

How appropriate.

The correct spelling is here, but yours is FAR more appropriate. Too
much 'brew' often starts the uproar..

http://www.m-w.com/cgi-bin/dictionary?va=brouhaha

Your new word should REPLACE the old one NOW.

It's an evolving language, you know..

mike
Old September 23rd 04, 04:54 AM
m II

Sir Cumference wrote:

Nov 2 isn't that far away.

But that is what makes it great, that we have the freedom to air our
views whatever they are and debate them back and forth.

Not if Patriot Act II is enacted.

mike
Old September 24th 04, 04:49 PM
GO BEARCATS

But that is what makes it great, that we have the freedom to air our
views whatever they are and debate them back and forth.

But this a *shortwave radio* newsgroup not a politcial debate/agenda newsgroup.
I delete over 75% of the post because they are non-radio related, I used to
post and read this group every day but it's always the same thing. Trouble
makers won :-(
Old September 24th 04, 05:19 PM
dxAce

GO BEARCATS wrote:

But that is what makes it great, that we have the freedom to air our
views whatever they are and debate them back and forth.

But this a *shortwave radio* newsgroup not a politcial debate/agenda newsgroup.
I delete over 75% of the post because they are non-radio related, I used to
post and read this group every day but it's always the same thing. Trouble
makers won :-(

I'd have to say that you lost. It doesn't take much effort to weed through whatever
you don't wish to read.

You might try some actual contributions too, never hurts. All take, and no give
never works in any endeavour.

dxAce

Old September 22nd 04, 07:57 PM
Brian Running

Please be aware that not everyone on this newsgroup lives in the US and
much
of the "political" stuff posted here is completely incomprehensible to us
and anyway it is not what we want to read as we are shortwave radio
enthusiasts.Lets keep this newsgroup on topic please, think radio, think
shortwave!

Mike, I'm here to tell you, the political yammering in this group is even
more incomprehensible from here in the US. There's no telling what's
worse -- the typical candidate or the typical voter.

FCC AND AKC SUCK $#!#! EMPEROR OF THE UNIVERSE CB 6 December 30th 04 06:04 PM
The Power Of the AKC Cry_Keyclowns_Cry CB 63 October 24th 04 02:47 AM
another one bites the dust courtesy of the akc gw CB 10 March 4th 04 02:31 AM
N8WWM's Trace-route information NIW CB 1 February 4th 04 03:49 PM
BBC says Be polite to Mr Saddam Be polite to Mr Saddam T. Early Shortwave 7 December 24th 03 12:58 PM