Old September 27th 04, 11:07 PM
Al Patrick

Default Bro. Stair Listeners ??

I tuned to 9.475 about 21:30 UTC waiting for John Stadtmiller to come on
at 22:00 and ultimately Steve Quayle at 23:00 UTC. You may want to hear
Steve. He usually has a very informative program.

Bro. Stair was trying to get reception reports from 702 AM from Monte
Carlo, France. He said he'd been broadcasting there for three or four
hours already and was spending thirty minutes trying to determine if
anyone is listening so he'll know whether to buy [? additional] air time
on that station.

He got a couple of calls from Germany and possibly elsewhere. Anyway,
my question to some of Bro. Stairs listeners is this, "Why would he lie
about his age?" One caller asked him a couple of questions and one of
them was, "How old are you?" He asked it two or three times. Bro.
Stair initially said 51 years old. He repeated it, "Fifty One years
old." Then he changed it to 71 years old and said that a couple of times.

I won't even try to guess why he'd lie to the man except that he
possibly thought it was none of his business, in which case he might
should have just said so.

I'd like to hear a logical explanation from some of his
listeners/followers as to why he'd lie to the man initially and
eventually correct it. I don't need the answers from the normal "Hate
Bro. Stair Club." (HBSC) ;-)

Thanks in advance.

Al
Old September 28th 04, 03:41 AM
Telamon

In article ,
Al Patrick wrote:

[...]

I'm just guessing but Stair has been on the radio for years and he mixes
up (intersperses) old recordings with live broadcasts so maybe you are
hearing new and old.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old September 28th 04, 04:17 AM
uncle arnie

senility? lying for Jesus?

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 04:07 pm, Al Patrick posted to
rec.radio.shortwave: %MM

Old September 28th 04, 11:49 AM
Al Patrick

Could be but I'm *almost* positive he was live on the air. He mentioned
several times if you call RIGHT NOW he'd answer the phone - as opposed
to the usual answering machine. He was testing the value of
broadcasting on that AM station in France. I think he just LIED but
haven't figured out his "justification" for it. Apparently, thought the
man was implying he was too old to be preaching or something and decided
to "shorten" his age by 20 years. ;-)

Old September 28th 04, 11:54 AM
Al Patrick

I think he flat out lied to the whole world, but this would not be the
first time a "prophet" or "preacher" lied. Check out 1 Kings chapter 13
where an old preacher lied to a young preacher who was gullible enough
to believe him. A lion killed the young preacher.

uncle arnie wrote:

senility? lying for Jesus?

Old September 28th 04, 11:59 AM
KK4TL

Al Patrick wrote ...

I won't even try to guess why he'd lie to the man except that he
possibly thought it was none of his business, in which case he might
should have just said so.

Bingo - tell the dude "nunya bizness" and move on.

But .. we're dealing with profit Stair here. He doesn't have to tell
the truth - he's the profit. Wonder what he tells Sister Theresa when
he goes "behind the barn" with the young sisters.
Old September 28th 04, 12:16 PM
Al Patrick

I don't have the foggiest idea what he tells her. However, I think he
still wears the ankle bracelet (or other device) provided by the
government that tells THEM if he leaves the farm. His legal problems
are far from over. Not often, but every now and then he'll mention it.

Speaking of Sister Stair. . . She sings beautifully and yesterday when
he was trying to get the French people to call him she gave the phone
number in French.

No, I don't tune the radio very often with the idea of hearing Bro.
Stair, but he does have a few hours on stations with other good
programming; i.e. 9.475 in the day time and 5.070 at night. I heard him
a short while this morning on 5.070 while waiting for David J. Smith
whose on now.

==========

Al Patrick wrote ...

Old September 28th 04, 02:56 PM
Frank Dresser

"Al Patrick" wrote in message
[...]

According to Brother Stair, we are in the last hour of the last day. I
don't remember just when the last hour started in the Brother Stair
calender, but let's say it was 20 years ago. If so, Brother Stair is still
51. Well, 51 standard years and one Brother Stair hour.

There 'ya have it. We can clear this all up without calling the Prophet a
liar again.

Frank Dresser

Old September 29th 04, 03:31 AM
radio free foosterbloots LtD.

"uncle arnie" wrote in message
senility? lying for Jesus?

That's certanly nothing new! The RC Church has been doing it
for Centuries. Of late however the masters of the art of xian
puffery have been Tilton, Popoff, Robertson, Parsley and of
course Hinn. (who'd I miss?)