Old November 5th 04, 07:40 PM
david_ruy-barbosa

Default Sports Coverage/SW

I know some American sports broadcasts can be picked up on DX/AM but
are there any known broadcast from Europe?? I have been able to pick
up matches from South America but was interested in Euro matches. Is
there a "sports" SW guide?
Thanks
Old November 5th 04, 09:05 PM
uncle arnie

BBC and Radio Australia both carry some sports, usually football (soccer)
and rugby. Check their websites.

On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 01:40 pm, david_ruy-barbosa
posted to rec.radio.shortwave: %MM

Old November 6th 04, 10:23 AM
JuLiE Dxer

Good question David.

I've heard some NZ/Australian stuff recently but don't remember where.
As for EuroSports, you'd think so, eh? I know AFN broadcasts sports
often.

Old November 6th 04, 05:10 PM
Mark Zenier

In article ,
david_ruy-barbosa wrote:
I know some American sports broadcasts can be picked up on DX/AM but
are there any known broadcast from Europe?? I have been able to pick
up matches from South America but was interested in Euro matches. Is
there a "sports" SW guide?
Thanks

The BBC has their Sportsworld program, Saturday 14:05-17:00 UTC,
and Sunday 17:05-18:00 UTC. For Western North America, Try 9740
and 7160.

http://www.bbcworldservice.com or http://www.bbc.co.uk/worldservice

Radio Australia has Grandstand. They allocate seperate frequencys
for this on their (local time) Saturday and Sunday afternoons.
15240 and 9660, as I remember. (This translates to nightime on
Friday and Saturday for the US).

http://www.abc.net.au/ra

Mark Zenier Washington State resident

Old November 8th 04, 06:10 PM
Mark Zenier

In article ,
Telamon wrote:
http://www.abc.net.au/ra

According to their latest schedule:

GRANDSTAND Radio Australia's weekend sports program, Grandstand, is
broadcast on English frequencies from 0110-0700 UT on Saturday and
Sunday according to the schedule below:

Target region Frequency (kHz)
Asia 17750
West Pacific 15240, 9660
Central/South Pacific 15240, 12080

Anybody else have problems with RA's new web site?
Konqueror under Redhat 7.3 doesn't like the way it's laid
out and chops off huge chunks of various dropdown menus.
(Oh well, I three or four other browsers to try out).

Mark Zenier Washington State resident

Old November 9th 04, 06:41 PM
JuLiE Dxer

your ISP is home to the newnet irc network main server, eh?

On Mon, 8 Nov 2004 18:10:40 GMT, (Mark Zenier)

Old November 10th 04, 04:40 AM
Telamon

In article ,
(Mark Zenier) wrote:

In article
,
Telamon wrote:
http://www.abc.net.au/ra

According to their latest schedule:

GRANDSTAND Radio Australia's weekend sports program, Grandstand, is
broadcast on English frequencies from 0110-0700 UT on Saturday and
Sunday according to the schedule below:

Target region Frequency (kHz)
Asia 17750
West Pacific 15240, 9660
Central/South Pacific 15240, 12080

Anybody else have problems with RA's new web site?
Konqueror under Redhat 7.3 doesn't like the way it's laid
out and chops off huge chunks of various dropdown menus.
(Oh well, I three or four other browsers to try out).

I think the new layout is clunky and slow but it seems to work OK.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old December 6th 04, 09:45 PM
DBurch7672

How about Japanese shortwave stations? I'm a *big* Sumo fan who has been
*bummed out ever since ESPN (U.S. cable TV sports network) dropped "Sumo
Digest"*!
Old December 7th 04, 03:50 AM

david_ruy-barbosa wrote:
any known broadcast from Europe?

Radio Exterior de Espa=F1a regularly broadcasts futbol (i.e., soccer)
games during European evening hours, or afternoon hours on the east
coast of the US. I used to hear them on 15110 kHz, but that frequency
appears to be in used by Deutsche Welle. Try 9630 kHz at about 2000
UTC. The games don't seem to be on the schedule, but I know I hear
them.

http://www.rtve.es/rne/ree/
http://www.rtve.es/rne/ree/OndaCorta/p-h-f1.htm