Old January 8th 05, 02:26 PM
Simon Mason

Default Hiding number stations in the LSB.

I made a video a while ago showing how the Lincolnshire Poacher is hidden in
the LSB of the Voice of Russia:

http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/page445.htm

--
Simon Mason
Anlaby

Old January 8th 05, 02:37 PM
dxAce

Simon Mason wrote:

I made a video a while ago showing how the Lincolnshire Poacher is hidden in
the LSB of the Voice of Russia:

http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/page445.htm

I don't see 7340 on the LP sked, though they are on 7337. Coincidence? And
figuring the vagaries of propagation in, maybe LP isn't even worried about any
interference?

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old January 8th 05, 02:47 PM
Simon Mason

"dxAce" wrote in message

Simon Mason wrote:

I made a video a while ago showing how the Lincolnshire Poacher is hidden
in
the LSB of the Voice of Russia:

http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/page445.htm

I don't see 7340 on the LP sked, though they are on 7337. Coincidence? And
figuring the vagaries of propagation in, maybe LP isn't even worried about
any
interference?

VOR is on 7340. LP is on 7337 which is obscured (at least on my RX) in the
LSB of VOR in wideband AM mode, until you tune to 7337 and put the BFO on.

--
Simon M.

Old January 8th 05, 04:23 PM
dxAce

Simon Mason wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

Simon Mason wrote:

I made a video a while ago showing how the Lincolnshire Poacher is hidden
in
the LSB of the Voice of Russia:

http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/page445.htm

I don't see 7340 on the LP sked, though they are on 7337. Coincidence? And
figuring the vagaries of propagation in, maybe LP isn't even worried about
any
interference?

VOR is on 7340. LP is on 7337 which is obscured (at least on my RX) in the
LSB of VOR in wideband AM mode, until you tune to 7337 and put the BFO on.

Yes, yes... I understand all that. Point is I rather doubt that LP is 'hiding'
in the sideband of Voice of Russia.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old January 8th 05, 04:30 PM
Simon Mason

"dxAce" wrote in message

VOR is on 7340. LP is on 7337 which is obscured (at least on my RX) in
the
LSB of VOR in wideband AM mode, until you tune to 7337 and put the BFO
on.

Yes, yes... I understand all that. Point is I rather doubt that LP is
'hiding'
in the sideband of Voice of Russia.

Yes, you are right. It doesn't need to hide anywhere as it doesn't exist ;-)
I just thought it was interesting to show that those SWLers listening to old
Joe probably were not aware that a spy TX was "hiding" in its skirts.

--
Simon Mason
Anlaby

Old January 8th 05, 05:20 PM
Brian Hill

"Simon Mason" wrote in message

"dxAce" wrote in message

VOR is on 7340. LP is on 7337 which is obscured (at least on my RX) in
the
LSB of VOR in wideband AM mode, until you tune to 7337 and put the BFO
on.

Yes, yes... I understand all that. Point is I rather doubt that LP is
'hiding'
in the sideband of Voice of Russia.

Yes, you are right. It doesn't need to hide anywhere as it doesn't exist

;-)
I just thought it was interesting to show that those SWLers listening to

old
Joe probably were not aware that a spy TX was "hiding" in its skirts.

--
Simon Mason
Anlaby
East Yorkshire.
53°44'N 0°26'W
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net

So you think LP picked this freq for that reason? Hum?

--
73 and good DXing.
Brian

EMAIL-
(Hide the $100 to reply!)

Old January 8th 05, 05:48 PM
Simon Mason

"Brian Hill" wrote in message news:BEUDd.4166

So you think LP picked this freq for that reason? Hum?

No. As I just said to dxace - it doesn't need to hide.

--
Simon Mason
Anlaby

Old January 8th 05, 06:04 PM
Brian Hill

"Simon Mason" wrote in message

"Brian Hill" wrote in message news:BEUDd.4166

So you think LP picked this freq for that reason? Hum?

No. As I just said to dxace - it doesn't need to hide.

--
Simon Mason
Anlaby
East Yorkshire.
53°44'N 0°26'W
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net

I thought that's what you meant. Just clarifying your post to be sure.

B.H.

Old January 8th 05, 06:19 PM
Caveat Lector

With todays sophisicated code breaking and powerhouse computers -- doubtful

--
Caveat Lector

Old January 8th 05, 06:24 PM
Simon Mason

"Caveat Lector" wrote in message
With todays sophisicated code breaking and powerhouse computers --
doubtful

What's doubtful Sir?

--
Simon Mason